Balaclava Road, Penylan, Cardiff
Property ref: 121_661_4885576
Approached via a timber entrance door with leaded and stained glass work, dog leg hallway giving access to all of the ground floor accommodation, high quality limestone flooring, easy rising period spindle staircase to the first floor landing with central runner and carpet braces, character newel posts, elegant vertical radiator, bevelled glass doors into the lounge and sitting room, under stairs recess with storage, ceiling spotlights.
13'10" (4.22m) x 12'1" (3.68m) overall and into bay
Upvc double bay windows onto the front courtyard, recess shelving, TV and telephone points, continuation of the quality limestone flooring with underfloor heating and controls
11'9" (3.58m) x 10'2" (3.1m)
Continuation of the quality limestone flooring with underfloor heating, square opening into the kitchen, door from hallway.
30’3” (9.22m) x 14’11” (4.55m) Overall
Merging from the hall is a dark oak style kitchen appointed on three sides with stylish straight bar handles comprising of eye level units and base units, with soft close deep pan drawers and cutlery drawers with quality black granite worktops over with matching upstand and splashback, window to the side return inset twin sinks with mixer tap, fitted five burner gas hob with cooker hood above, built-in electric double oven and grill, integrated fridge and freezer, integrated Hotpoint dishwasher, plumbing and space for washing machine, continuation of the quality limestone flooring with underfloor heating, which continues to family/dining room with digital controls, granite worktops continue with the breakfast bar into the family room, contemporary chrome plug sockets with USB ports, stylish ceiling spotlights, TV point. Full height further windows and French doors giving access to the enclosed rear garden
First Floor Landing
Split level with continuation of the period spindle balustrade, feature high vaulted ceiling with three double glazed Velux roof windows and a high level access point to the rear loft.
16'1" (4.9m) x 13'9" (4.19m) overall
Overlooking the quiet road, two radiators, TV point and network point, fitted wardrobes comprising of three double wardrobes.
13'8" (4.17m) x 10'2" (3.1m) overall
Two windows overlooking the enclosed rear garden, panelled radiator, stylish wall lighting, fitted double cupboard housing the combination gas central heating boiler, door to .
En-Suite Shower Room
Beautifully presented shower suite with a recessed shower cubicle with fixed wall and glazed door with thermostatic shower controls and ceramic wall tiling, close coupled push-button WC, pedestal wash hand basin with vanity mirror above and shaver point, quality floor tiling and comprehensive wall tiling, ceiling spotlights, heated chrome towel rail
12'0" (3.66m) x 10'5" (3.18m)
Window to the rear, double radiator, TV point, fitted wardrobes comprising two double wardrobes
A beautiful Roca white suite comprising of an over-sized tiled panelled bath with wall mounted stylish mixer taps, separate double Quadrant shower with thermostatic controls, pedestal wash hand basin, close coupled push-button WC, quality floor tiling, comprehensive ceramic wall tiling, heated chrome heated towel rail, vanity mirror, ceiling spotlights
Second Floor Landing
Window to the rear and door to bedroom 4
18'11" (5.77m) x 11'11" (3.63m) overall and into sloping ceilings
A dormer extension offering excellent headroom to this large bedroom with double glazed Velux roof windows to the front with blackout blinds and two windows to the rear, double radiator, purpose-built soft-close drawers into the front eaves space, ceiling spotlights, door to .
White suite comprising of a close coupled push-button WC, sunken wash hand basin with storage beneath, beautiful floor and wall tiling, underfloor heating.
Courtyard frontage laid with slate chippings with wrought iron gate and black-and-white chequered floor to the covered entrance porch.
Low maintenance garden completely laid with low maintenance Astroturf and with side return paved with further Astroturf area, original stone boundary side walls, timber garden shed with power and lighting, ivy covered pergola, gate giving access to the rear lane, outside water tap and external lighting.
Viewers Material Information
1) Prospective viewers should view the Cardiff Adopted Local Development Plan 2006-2026 (LDP) and employ their own Professionals to make enquiries with Cardiff County Council Planning Department ( before making any transactional decision.
2) Transparency of Fees Regulations: We do not receive any referral fees/commissions from any of the Providers we recommend, apart from London & Country Mortgages, where we may receive a referral fee (amount dependent on the loan advance and product) from this Provider for recommending a borrower to them. This has no detrimental effect on the terms on any mortgage offered.
3) Please note that if the property is currently within Cardiff High School catchment area, there is no guarantee that your child or children will be enrolled at Cardiff High School, if requests, for places become over-subscribed. Any interested parties should make their own enquiries with Cardiff County Council Education Departmen...
Balaclava Road, Penylan, Cardiff
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Cathays Station0.8 miles
- Cardiff Queen Street Station1.0 miles
- Cardiff Central Station1.6 miles
About the agent
Kelvin Francis Ltd are an independantly owned and operated firm of Chartered Surveyor estate agents with over 30 years experience as leaders in the Cardiff residential market.
Innovators in knowledge, we are quick to implement new technology to enhance the buying and selling process but never at the cost of personal attention. The Directors and Valuers have 81 years experience between them but are very forward thinking in the methods, techniques of selling and Internet technology.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 4885576. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Kelvin Francis Ltd, Cardiff. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.