Oldcotes Road, Dinnington, Sheffield
- THROAPHAM HOUSE GRADE II LISTED RESIDENCE
- OFFERING VERSATILE AND UNIQUE ACCOMMODATION
- EXTENSIVE GARDENS WITH COUNTRYSIDE VIEWS TO REAR
- VARIOUS OUTBUILDINGS WITH DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL
- GUIDE PRICE £750,000 TO £770,000
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE THIS GRADE II LISTED PERIOD RESIDENCE. Previously five star guest house providing unique and versatile accommodation throughout. IDEAL FAMILY HOME WITH DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL.
Enjoying extensive gardens, several outbuildings and far reaching views.
It is a privilege to offer to the open market this substantial Grade II listed Georgian property reputed to date circa 18th century. Throapham House boasts extensive accommodation warranting a full inspection to fully appreciate the potential of this unique property. Formerly a successful five star guest house but in more recent years a very versatile family home. Enjoying three sittings rooms, formal dining room, together with five/six bedrooms, three en-suites and two bathrooms. In addition there are four attic rooms offering fabulous development potential. The house would be particularly suited to the larger family or two families with a section of the house having a wing comprising of sitting room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Ideal for independent living yet keeping within the family hub. Standing within an enviable plot with wrap around gardens having mature fruit trees, well- manicured lawns and boasting panoramic views over open countryside. Several outbuildings, formerly the coach house and stables offering garaging and workshop areas with a further outbuilding being utilised as a two storey office. The property is located on the outskirts of Dinnington having a semi- rural position and is easily accessible to a host of amenities and schools. Well placed for M1,M18 and A1 for commuting to various towns and cities. For recreational pursuits there are countryside walks and several country parks within a short drive.
Solid timber oak door opens in to a most impressive hallway with the main focal point being a wide sweeping staircase with oak handrail.
Dining Room 15' 8" to doorway x 16' 7" into recess ( 4.78m to doorway x 5.05m into recess )
Spacious dining room complimented with original wooden flooring, a contemporary gas fire to the chimney breast and two central heating radiatosr. Side and front facing single glazed sash windows.
Main Lounge 16' 3" to doorway x 20' 7" ( 4.95m to doorway x 6.27m )
Elegant lounge with feature marble fireplace having inset gas fire. Two single glazed sash windows together with two sets of french doors providing an abundance of natural light to the room.
Kitchen 14' 9" x 14' 9" ( 4.50m x 4.50m )
Generous kitchen having a range of pine base units and matching dresser. granite worktops incorporating a porcelain Belfast sink, range cooker and space for dishwasher. Useful walk in pantry provides ample storage shelving with a trap door leading down to a vaulted cellar. Central heating radiator and two single glazed sash windows.
Utility Room 14' 9" x 12' ( 4.50m x 3.66m )
Requiring some upgrading yet offering excellent space is this utility room having quarry tiled flooring, two floor standing central heating boilers. Fitted cupboards and worktop having inset stainless steel sink. Plumbing for washing machine, single glazed sash windows and rear door leading out to the garden.
Comprising WC, hand wash basin, tiled shower area. Please note that the shower room is currently not being utilised.
Side entrance door opens in to the small hall having quarry tiled flooring and a door giving access to a separate staircase leading up to attic rooms.
Additional Ground Floor Rooms
These ground floor rooms are ideal for relatives seeking independent living.
Kitchen 14' 9" x 7' 8" ( 4.50m x 2.34m )
A range of Oak base and wall units with worktops incorporating a single sink, space for gas cooker with extractor above. Central heating radiator and rear exit door to to the garden.
Sitting Room 18' 2" x 13' 1" ( 5.54m x 3.99m )
Delightful sitting room with feature fire place and inset gas fire, two radiators. Having sash windows to both front and side together with French doors to the rear.
Bedroom/study 14' 3" x 12' 6" ( 4.34m x 3.81m )
Currently being used as a study and music room this would make an excellent additional bedroom with rear facing sash window and central heating radiator.
Bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, low flush WC, pedestal hand wash basin and tiling to the walls.
First Floor Rooms
Lounge 15' x 22' 3" ( 4.57m x 6.78m )
This light and spacious room has a feature marble fireplace, two single glazed sash windows to the front elevation and a further window to the side elevation. Two central heating radiators..
Bedroom 16' 1" x 15' 4" ( 4.90m x 4.67m )
Front and side facing sash windows and central heating radiator. Door to en-suite.
En-Suite Shower Room
Comprises double shower enclosure, low flush WC, vanity hand washbasin set into counter and base unit. Heated towel rail and full tiling to the walls..
Bedroom 17' 7" x 12' 9" to side of chimney breast ( 5.36m x 3.89m to side of chimney breast )
Having a pedestal hand wash basin, central heating radiator, sash windows to both front, side and rear elevations.
Bedroom 13' 8" x 10' 3" ( 4.17m x 3.12m )
Having rear facing sash window and Central heating radiator.
Bedroom 13' 8" maximum x 12' 9" maximum ( 4.17m maximum x 3.89m maximum )
Having rear facing sash window, central heating radiator and built in storage cupboard. Door to en-suite shower room..
Comprises shower enclosure. low flush WC, vanity hand basin, heated towel rail and full tiling to the walls.
White suite with panelled bath,low flush WC, separate shower enclosure, white base units with inset vanity basin. Built in storage cupboard, heated towel rail, partial tiling to the walls and laminate panelling to the ceiling with recessed lighting.
Bedroom 15' 4" x 14' 8" ( 4.67m x 4.47m )
Impressive bedroom full of character with oak beams to the ceiling, cast iron stove with oak mantle. Central heating radiator, two sash windows to the side elevation. Door to bathroom.
Luxury bathroom featuring a corner bath, pedestal hand wash basin, low flush WC and separate shower enclosure. The bathroom is complimented with partial tiling to the walls, tiling to the floor and recessed lighting to the ceiling. The two sash windows to rear and side elevation enjoy far reaching views over open fields.
Second Floor Attic Rooms
There are four attic rooms all offering exciting development potential.
Exterior And Outbuildings
The property has a courtyard offering parking for several vehicles and leading to the former coachhouse, stable block and dairy.
Former Coach House And Stable
These are now utilised as two large garages, one with inspection pit, workshop, stable and tack room.
Ground Floor Office 16' 6" narrowing to x 15' 4" ( 5.03m narrowing to x 4.67m )
Having an open tread staircase to upper level and a WC., two front facing windows. Workshop area.
Upper Level Office 16' 6" x 15' 4" ( 5.03m x 4.67m )
Having two front facing windows and central heating radiator..
Well tended lawned garden to the front and extending to the side with planted areas. The rear of the house has an large paved patio area, raised well stocked pond, extensive lawn with mature fruit trees and well established shrubs. To the corner of the garden sits a timber summerhouse ideal for taking in the views to the rear of the garden which overlooks open fields and beyond. There is also a cedar framed greenhouse included in the sale.
We have been informed by the current vendor that the property is connected to fibre broadband and is fitted with CAT5e structured cabling to the majority of the rooms and offices.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Oldcotes Road, Dinnington, Sheffield
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kiveton Park Station3.2 miles
- Kiveton Bridge Station3.7 miles
- Shireoaks Station4.0 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Dinnington William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in Dinnington
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your local
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference DGT105428. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Dinnington Sheffield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.