Darwell Hill, Netherfield
- Attractive Grade II listed Cottage
- Flexible accommodation with 6 bedrooms
- Delightful countryside views
- Landscaped Garden with Swimming Pool & Hot Tub
- Ample parking
- Mainline station about 4.5 miles
**Guide Price £750,000 - £775,000**
A charming Grade II Listed semi-detached cottage commanding far-reaching southerly views, with flexible accommodation and a superbly landscaped private garden with heated swimming pool and hot tub.
Darwell Hill Cottage is a charming Grade II Listed semi-detached cottage, sympathetically enlarged and updated over the years to form a very comfortable home with flexible accommodation, part of which could be formed into an annexe unit. The elevations are brick, part tile hung and weather-boarded beneath a tiled roof with sealed unit double glazed oak-framed windows throughout and oil-fired central heating (new boiler in 2014). The internal doors are of yew and oak.
The main features of the property include:
• Front door to entrance hall, through to very attractive sitting room with inglenook, oak bressumer beam, stone and brick hearth.
• The dining room is an exceptionally attractive feature of the house, with exposed brick wall and fireplace with log burner. Wooden flooring and exposed beams.
• The excellent kitchen/breakfast room includes flamed granite working surfaces with good range of cupboards and drawers, integrated equipment including Siemens induction/halogen hob, fridge freezer, Neff oven, warming drawer, microwave combination cooker, wine cooler and dishwasher. Fitted larder. Door to garden. Ample space for family dining. There is also a separate utility room with space for the washing machine and tumble dryer.
• There is a bedroom to the rear of the house, served by an adjacent bathroom.
• There is a useful study, with a smart shower room adjacent, along with a further reception room (currently used as a gym) with a separate door to the front and stairs up to bedroom 2 and this section would lend itself to possibly serving as an annexe.
• On the first floor, the principal bedroom has excellent views to the front and an exceptional, recently fitted en suite bathroom (with restricted height to the entrance)
• There are three further bedrooms, one of which has an unusual ‘reading area’ with a glass floor over the kitchen.
Double gates open into a paved parking/turning area to the front garden which has flower beds, and several attractive and established trees. There is a brick and tile outbuilding with adjoining log store.
The rear garden has been the subject of a lavish makeover, with a generous paved terrace with barbecue area, from which wide steps lead up to the main garden which is raised, with lawns, a ‘firepit’ area and an expansive timber deck. There is a heated swimming pool and a hot tub to one corner. In all about 0.2 of an acre
Darwell Hill, Netherfield
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Robertsbridge Station3.4 miles
- Battle Station3.8 miles
- Etchingham Station4.7 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT210047. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Battle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.