24 Spylaw Street, Edinburgh, EH13 0JX
- Charming period property with delightful garden
- 1600sq.ft of 'walk in condition' accommodation
- Many period features
- Delightful conservatory & summer house
- Modern, well-appointed kitchen
- Off street parking for 3 cars
- Superb choice of schools in public and private sectors
- Excellent local amenities & shopping
- Quick access city by-pass & airport
- Adjacent to the Water of Leith & many recreational amenities
by appointment only tel
A deceptively spacious period home, once the village police station and house, sympathetically restored and extended to provide a beautifully presented family home offering generous accommodation over two floors. The accommodation allows for a hallway with guest cloakroom, sitting room, a study with bespoke fitted furniture, a well-appointed kitchen breakfast room, dining room, and a year around conservatory leading in turn to a separate utility room. On the upper level there is a master bedroom with en suite shower room, three further bedrooms and a family bathroom. Externally there is a summer house, garden store and separate shed. The property is set in mature gardens planted with herbaceous plants and a selection of fruit trees and bushes.
Colinton is one of Edinburgh's most sought after residential areas set in the south west of the city sitting in the shadows of the Pentland Hills. It has retained much of its "village charm" and has a good range of local shops, restaurants and bars. More extensive supermarket shopping facilities are available at nearby Tesco and Morrisons whilst easy links to the city bypass open up the many retail parks on the periphery of the City. There are many pleasant walks and cycle paths close by. Kingsknowe Golf Club and Bonaly Country Park are within easy reach. Colinton is ideally situated for commuting distance to the M8, M9, Edinburgh International Airport, Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh's universities and the Queensferry Crossing. There are also regular bus services to and from the city centre. Excellent schools in both state and private sectors are close at hand.
Fixtures and Fittings
The fitted carpets, light fittings, integrated kitchen appliances, summer house & the garden sheds are included in the sale.
24 Spylaw Street, Edinburgh, EH13 0JX
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kingsknowe Station0.8 miles
- Wester Hailes Station1.1 miles
- Slateford Station1.5 miles
About the agent
Simpson & Marwick are leading residential property estate agents and solicitors in Edinburgh and East Lothian. We can help you buy and sell quality property from city centre apartments to rural family homes.
However what makes us different to other estate agents and solicitors is our unique approach to buying and selling residential property.
The Simpson & Marwick Way. We put you at the heart of everything we do so we can do our very best to achieve your
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 168300. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Simpson & Marwick, Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.