Church Hill, Sedlescombe
- Spacious Grade II Listed family house
- Popular Sedlescombe village location
- Five bedrooms
- Period features
- Mature 0.83 acre gardens and grounds
- Battle train station about 3 miles
**Guide Price £975,000 - £1,050,000**
A delightful and exceptionally spacious Grade II Listed period house forming half of this former Rectory, benefiting from wonderful family accommodation, together with established gardens and grounds of about 0.83 of an acre.
Noble House forms one half of a substantial Grade II Listed country house which at one time was The Rectory and converted into two separate houses in 1982. The spaciously planned accommodation has good ceiling heights throughout and has retained many period features.
The elevations are part colour-washed brick with some tile hanging beneath a pitch tiled roof. There is gas-fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Double opening arched doors to entrance hall with window seat and tessellated tiled floor, further oak arched part-glazed door to superb reception hall with ceiling to full height, elegant staircase to first floor. Cloakroom with WC, hand basin and below stairs cupboard.
• Magnificent drawing room with high ceiling, attractive marble fireplace with unusual window behind, double opening glazed doors leading to west-facing terrace, feature curved arched alcove, picture rail and attractive cornicing and ceiling rose.
• The sitting room has an outlook to the front towards Sedlescombe church and door leading to the dining room, a light double aspect room with stone fireplace and slate hearth (the sitting room and dining room have previously been one room).
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a twin butler sink inset into granite worktops with range of base and eye-level units, plumbing for washing machine, Range cooker with gas hob and electric ovens, and extractor hood above. A door leads into the useful utility room with a further 1½ bowl ceramic sink with drainer to the side, space below for washing machine and tumble drier, also space for fridge freezer and chest freezer.
• To the rear of the house is a lovely conservatory with tiled floor, where a glorious outlook is enjoyed and access to the west-facing terrace and to the beautiful gardens.
• A staircase leads to a galleried landing with space for a desk. The master bedroom has an attractive outlook over the garden and spacious en suite bathroom with panel-enclosed bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin and WC, heated towel rail.
• There are three further double bedrooms, one of which has a pedestal wash basin and another has a staircase leading to occasional bedroom 5 which looks towards Sedlescombe church.
• The family bathroom has a panel-enclosed bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, WC, tiled shower cubicle and airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder with immersion heater and cupboard to the side.
The Gardens and Grounds
Noble House is approached from the road through twin stone entrance pillars with an electronically operated five bar gate onto a pea beach parking/turning area which leads to the front door and onwards through a further five bar gate into an additional parking area. Here there is a double garage of brick construction beneath a tiled roof with up and over doors and an attached tool shed with light and power connected. Greenhouse.
To the rear of the house is a sheltered terrace ideal for outside dining and entertaining, and the gardens form an exceptional backdrop to Noble House, with wonderful clipped and shaped trees and shrubs including magnolia, bay, camellia, beech, acers, tulip, rhododendrons, roses, phormiums. There are areas of lawn and a selection of garden seats and shingle pathways.
There are two magnificent mature giant sequoias, a mature yew tree and a beech tree; at the far end of the garden is a compost/bonfire area.
In all about 0.83 of an acre.
Church Hill, Sedlescombe
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Battle Station2.4 miles
- Crowhurst Station3.7 miles
- Doleham Station3.9 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT150179. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Battle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.