Adgestone, Isle Of Wight
- BREATHTAKING FAR REACHING VIEWS
- COMPLETED TO A VERY HIGH STANDARD IN 2017
- FOUR/FIVE DOUBLE BEDROOMS
- LIGHT AND SPACIOUS, WELL DESIGNED LAYOUT
- ITALIAN SCAVOLINI DESIGNER KITCHEN
- THREE STABLES, TACK ROOM, WORKSHOP & HAY STORE
- TWO SOUTH AND WEST FACING PADDOCKS OF APPROX 6.7 ACRES
- GROUNDS EXTENDING TO APPROX 9 ACRES IN ALL
The property is situated in a wonderfully quiet, elevated position within the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty from which there are views in all directions over the surrounding countryside and across the English Channel. Accessed from a country lane, the shops, pubs and restaurants of Brading, as well as nearby Ryde, harbour town of Bembridge and mainland ferry links are all convenient. There are great country walks and bridleway networks available from the lane, with the beautiful south eastern coast but a short drive away.
This spacious, modern home was completed in around 2017 and built to an unusually high standard, providing a really comfortable, energy efficient and low maintenance home. All of the main rooms are light, principally dual aspect and designed to make the most of the breath-taking views. The well-designed layout is spacious and completed with great attention to detail and high-quality fittings. There are Velfac triple glazed windows and external doors throughout, high levels of insulation and generous circulation spaces. Other internal features include 5-amp lighting circuits in the living room and kitchen, Oak internal doors and an Italian Scavolini designer kitchen with AEG appliances. There is the balance of a 10 year LABC build warranty.
Adjacent to the entrance is a mobile home which has been used as overflow accommodation. A spur from the driveway leads onto the stable yard and workshop beyond which is an area of ancient woodland. The main paddocks lie to the south and west forming a delightful setting.
A particularly spacious entrance to the house with Oak flooring, coats cupboard, understairs cupboard and staircase to first floor.
Wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
A light, dual aspect room with both downland and coastal views, Oak flooring and a Morso wood burning stove set on a tiled hearth.
Hardwood worksurfaces, Butler sink with mixer tap and space for washing machine and dryer. Shelving, coat hooks, Larder, airing cupboard. Door to garden.
Tiled with a shower and heated towel rail.
A spectacular open-plan living space with triple aspects providing wonderfully diverse views as well as access via sliding glazed doors to the south facing terrace and garden. The high-quality kitchen provides an extensive range of cupboards and drawers incorporating an island unit, all with solid hardwood worksurfaces. There is a twin stainless steel sink unit with Quooker tap providing hot, cold and instant boiling water, as well as an excellent range of integral AEG appliances including an induction hob with extractor fan over, a steam oven, double oven, microwave oven, conventional oven, dishwasher, separate full height fridge and freezer and wine cooler. The remainder of the room provides a spacious seating and dining area, making an exceptional room for entertaining with four recessed ceiling speakers.
A versatile further reception room with Oak flooring and an extensive range of designer Italian book shelving and storage unit.
A spacious galleried landing with roof light and hatch access to roof space.
A very generous double bedroom with French doors opening to a Juliet balcony with panoramic southerly views as well as an east facing window with views over the English Channel.
Shower Room En-Suite
Wet room shower with metro tiles. Deluge shower with separate handheld riser. Wash basin with a range of drawers beneath, WC, heated towel rail, heated demisting mirror and electric underfloor heating.
A dual aspect double bedroom, south facing Juliet balcony and country views.
A well-appointed, spacious bathroom with a walk-in shower, double ended contemporary bath, wash basin with cupboards beneath, WC, heated towel rail, heated demisting mirror and underfloor heating.
A spacious double bedroom with country and spectacular, distant sea views.
Shower Room En-Suite
Shower, WC, hand basin with built-in cupboards, heated demisting mirror and heated towel rail.
A dual aspect double bedroom with wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
A gated access opens to the property with one driveway leading towards the house and the other towards the stable yard. There is a generous gravelled parking area adjacent to the house with a series of uplighters. A sandstone terrace wraps itself around three sides of the house, with an open fronted veranda along the front (western elevation)). The garden lies to the south of the property and is accessed across the extensive terrace, providing a beautifully secluded setting from which to enjoy the views. The kitchen garden can be accessed from the terrace or the garden and is enclosed by mature hedging with timber edged beds, and includes herb garden, greenhouse and garden shed.
Comprising a concrete yard, three timber stables, a tack room, workshop, hay store and two further storage buildings.
Situated to the south of the stable yard is a level paddock ideal for use as a sand school, adjacent to which is a mature area of woodland predominantly comprising Oak trees with clearings and populated by spring bulbs and woodland plants. To the south and west are two paddocks extending to approximately 6.7 acres. There is an additional small paddock between the house and stables. To the front of the house is a small orchard with apple, pear and plum trees. In all the property extends to approximately 9 acres.
There is a mobile home providing ancillary accommodation adjacent to the drive, (it is believed to have been on site since the late 1970's).
Mains water and electricity. Private drainage, (separate systems for the house and mobile home). Oil fired central heating via an external boiler. Electric underfloor heating to the main en-suite shower room and family bathroom.
Band G - £3466.71 per annum.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the sole selling agents, Spence Willard
1. Particulars: These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements by Spence Willard in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing ("information") as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Spence Willard nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property, and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller(s) or lessor(s). 2. Photos etc: The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximate only. 3. Regulations etc: Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct. 4. VAT: The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Front Page
Adgestone, Isle Of Wight
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Sandown Station1.0 miles
- Brading Station1.4 miles
- Lake Station1.8 miles
About the agent
Spence Willard is a privately owned independent Estate Agency set up in 2012 to offer quality sales and lettings across the Isle of Wight. Our in-depth knowledge of the local property market and unbridled passion for the Isle of Wight enables us to work tirelessly hard to offer a first class service to buyers and sellers.
With our strong emphasis on effective marketing strategies, we utilise national and international links combined with the latest technological innovations, to find the
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100523006287. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Spence Willard, Cowes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.