Hoopern Street, Exeter
- Student Investment Opportunity
- Three flats (13 double rooms with en suites)
- Income in excess of £90,000 pa
- Prime student location
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold or leasehold property with Wilkinson Grant & Co
Attention investors large yield (potential to improve). A prime student investment property, comprising of three separate dwellings with established rental history.
Flat 12 (112 m2) is currently rented out for £27,840 pa
Flat 13 (118 m2) is currently rented out for £27,840 pa
Flat 14 (133 m2) is currently rented out for £34,800 pa
Therefore the total rental income for the building currently stands at £1,885 per week or £90,480 per annum. At a purchase price of £1,200,000 the resulting net yield is over 6% excluding block fees.
3 parking spaces are included in the sale (1 per flat).
The property has the required lighting and fire alarm certificates, EPC's, Council Licences and tenancy documentation. It is therefore perfectly positioned for an easy transition to an investor to run the property day to day and benefit from the current yields.
Hoopern Street is popular with students and investors. The main Streatham Campus is within easy walking distance along a footpath through Taddiforde Brook. The City centre is also close by with easy access to Princesshay and the High Street.
From John Lewis - Exeter City centre head down New North Road passing the East entrance of Central Station. At the roundabout turn right onto Blackall Road. At the end of the road turn left onto Howell Road. Pass Horseguards on your right and Hoopern Street is the next right. At the end of Hoopern Street is Hoopern Mews.
The building is available Leasehold, the tenants are remaining in place and occupy on Assured Shorthold Tenancies. The balance of the development is occupied exclusively by students.
The ground rent and service charge is £500 / room / unit and includes building insurance. There are currently some maintenance and structural works planned by the Freeholder relating to the external render and the damp proof course of the property. The vendor has agreed to cover these planned works which are scheduled for Summer 2022.
Hoopern Street, Exeter
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Exeter Central Station0.3 miles
- St James Park Station0.4 miles
- Exeter St. Davids Station0.5 miles
About the agent
NEWS FLASH - ADDITIONAL SERVICES ADDED TO KEEP YOU MOVING SAFELY. CHECK OUR
'ADDITIONAL SERVICES TAB'
One of the South Wests' leading independent estate agencies, Wilkinson Grant & Co are a multi-discipline Property and Acquisition Agency covering Devon and parts of Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset.
With a reputation for getting results and building long-standing relationships with our clients, we cover all sectors and all aspects of the residential sales and let
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference SOU200493. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Wilkinson Grant & Co, Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.