Longcombe, Totnes, TQ9
- NO CHAIN
- Grade II listed
- Updating required
- Fantastic mature grounds of 2.79 acres
- Double garage
- Convenient location and within walking distance of a bus stop
- Driveway and parking for numerous cars
- Tennis court
- Detached barn with potential for 3 bedroom property (STNC)
The original Devon longhouse dates back to circa 16th century and benefits from a 1950's extension incorporating the kitchen and impressive, triple aspect master bedroom. The accommodation approaches 5000sqft and requires modernisation offering huge potential to be a fantastic family home.
The property sits in generous ground of 2.79 acres including orchard, level lawn, tennis court, former kitchen garden, former fruit cages and enchanting areas of mature trees and shrubs. All enjoying fantastic open rural views. The land benefits from being accessed by three separate entrances. There is a detached barn positioned away from the main house which subject to necessary consent could make a separate dwelling, home office or garaging. There is also potential to convert the barn into stables, with the tennis court having potential for a schooling area. (STNC)
Totnes town is the commercial centre for the South Hams. This part of Devon is renowned for its outstanding natural beauty with Dartmoor National Park ten miles to the north and stunning beaches and coastline ten miles to the south. The bustling medieval market town has a mainline railway station giving direct connections to London Paddington with easy connection to St Pancras for Eurostar. There is also excellent access to the A38 Devon Expressway, linking Plymouth and Exeter where it joins the M5. Schooling in the area is excellent with a number of well-regarded primary and secondary schools. Totnes also boasts a thriving market as well as a good selection of shops, supermarkets, restaurants and inns.
Money Laundering Regulations
Prior to a sale being agreed, prospective purchasers will be required to produce identification documents. Your co-operation with this, in order to comply with Money Laundering regulations, will be appreciated and assist with the smooth progression of the sale.
Longcombe, Totnes, TQ9
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Totnes Station2.4 miles
- Paignton Station3.1 miles
- Torquay Station4.6 miles
About the agent
Marchand Petit is a well-established independent estate agency offering exemplary vendor care. The highly experienced team of fifty staff all reside within the area and local to the individual branches.
The Totnes branch boasts a team of seven, all of whom joined the company to exercise their passion for property and to offer unrivaled customer service and local knowledge to both vendors and buyers alike.
With six offices concentrated in the South Hams in South Devon, backed up b
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TOT210052. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Totnes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.