Town Wall, Hartlepool
- COSTAL LOCATION
- 4 FLOORS
- SEA VIEWS
- VICTORIAN, PERIOD PROPERTY
- EN SUITE
A beautiful 6 Bedroom coastal home on Hartlepool historic Headland, This property is a substantial home of immense character that offers the rare opportunity of uninterrupted Sea views.
A beautiful 6 Bedroom coastal home on Hartlepool historic Headland. This property is a substantial home of immense character that offers the rare opportunity of uninterrupted Sea views. The Lower Ground Floor has the overall measurements of 33ft 6in x 15ft 3in, which is very substantial in size. This unique home stands out in the row of attractive homes as a grand property and, given its origin, it's easy to see why. The four-storey house was built in 1874 by Edward Backhouse for his son James, who went on to marry Mary Barclay, thus bringing together two of the nation's most significant banking families of the time. Much of its magnificent Victorian period detail has been preserved, including plaster work, ceiling roses, cornicing and fireplaces in rooms of grand proportions and high ceilings. The Tall Ships will also be visiting this region in 2023.
Lounge 21' 3" (into bay) x 16' (into alcove) ( 6.48m (into bay) x 4.88m (into alcove) )
Double glazed bay window to front overlooking the Sea, large marble fireplace with gas fire, radiator, decorative coving to ceiling with large ceiling rose.
Dining Room 21' 3" (into bay) x 16' (into alcove) ( 6.48m (into bay) x 4.88m (into alcove) )
Large bay window to front overlooking the Sea, decorative fireplace with gas fire, decorative coving with decorative ceiling rose,
Kitchen 16' 6" x 11' 1" ( 5.03m x 3.38m )
Range of wall and base units, tiled floor, 5 cylinder gas hob, double electric oven, integrated microwave, double glazed window to side, radiator, coved ceiling.
Work surfaces, shelving.
Large Storage Cupboard
Houses combination central heating boiler.
Wash hand basin, WC, chrome heated towel rail, tiled floor.
Reception Room 3 15' 1" x 15' 1" ( 4.60m x 4.60m )
Double glazed window to rear, radiator, leads to:-
With single glazed window to side and rear, night storage heater.
First Floor Galleried Landing
Study area overlooking the Sea, double glazed wooden window to front.
Fully tiled walls and floor, WC, wash hand basin, double walk in shower, spotlights to ceiling, radiator, double glazed windows to side and rear.
Master Bedroom 15' 3" x 16' 5" ( 4.65m x 5.00m )
Double glazed wooden window to front and rear, radiator.
Jacuzzi style bath, part tiled, vanity unit, WC, double glazed window to rear, heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 16' x 16' 5" ( 4.88m x 5.00m )
Double glazed wooden window to front and side, 2 electric heaters, coved ceiling.
Bedroom 3 15' 5" x 15' 1" ( 4.70m x 4.60m )
Double glazed wooden window to rear and side, coved ceiling, electric heater, built in sliding door wardrobe, staircase leading to:-
Bedroom 4 15' 3" x 9' ( 4.65m x 2.74m )
Double glazed wooden window to front.
WC, shower cubicle, wash hand basin, port style circular wooden single glazed window to side.
Bedroom 5 13' 9" x 9' 7" ( 4.19m x 2.92m )
Double glazed window to front.
Bedroom 6 13' 1" x 9' ( 3.99m x 2.74m )
Decking area with rope as a post on the boundary, which takes full advantage of the views.
Parking for approximately 2 cars.
Lower Ground Floor
Entered via large wooden door, night storage heater, tiled floor, staircase to First Floor.
Understairs storage cupboard, door leading to Courtyard, single glazed window, tiling to floor.
Single glazed sash window, single inset spotlight to ceiling, leads to:-
Music Room / Cinema
Single glazed sash window, single inset spotlight to ceiling.
Plumbing for washing machine, single glazed opaque window, door leading to Courtyard.
2 piece white suite comprising of:- wash hand basin, WC, tiled floor, extractor fan.
This property has an offer accepted subject to contract but is still currently available to view
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Town Wall, Hartlepool
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Hartlepool Station1.0 miles
- Seaton Carew Station2.7 miles
- Horden Station6.8 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Hartlepool Manners & Harrison office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact Manners & Harrison has a heritage stretching back to the 1850’s, with a wealth of experience, you can trust we are the experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose Manners & Harrison as your estate agent…
>> Your local Manners & Harrison team in Hartlepool
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference HAR114763. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Manners & Harrison, Hartlepool. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.