Potters Barn, 3a Middle Street
- Conversion to a high specification
- Vast, open-plan living area with statement double height windows
- Kitchen-Diner by Rotpunkt with NEFF appliances and bifolds onto terrace
- Bespoke fixtures and fittings throughout and an abundance of period features
- Principal suite with walk-in wardrobe, ensuite and countryside views
- Another ensuite double bedroom with countryside views
- A further 3 double bedrooms with large family bathroom
- Large gravel driveway to front with open double garage and store room
- Landscaped garden with views across Elton estate
Potters Barn is situated in the desirable village of Elton, comprising mainly stone and Collyweston houses, with some thatched properties. The village has a church and chapel, primary school, two public houses, cricket pitch and team and a village hall.
The market town of Oundle renowned for its public and state schools, weekly market and a monthly farmers market is 5 miles to the west.
Peterborough is situated some 10 miles to the east, with a comprehensive range of shopping and leisure facilities and railway station with high speed trains taking some 50 minutes to London Kings Cross.
The A605 gives access to the A14 to Cambridge and Birmingham, whilst the A1 gives access north and south.
Standing on the front terrace, one cannot help but admire the glass frontage to this stunning family home. Flooded with natural light, the vaulted ceilings complete with original beams and exposed stonework combine to form a beautiful open plan barn conversion.
To the right-hand side of the reception hall is a useful utility room, there is also a downstairs WC and the entire ground floor enjoys underfloor heating. The converted stable blocks form the wing to the right hand side of the property comprising 3 double bedrooms with vaulted ceilings, feature beams and deep window sills. There is also a family bathroom with stand alone bath, rain head walk-in shower and heated towel rail.
From the reception hall, you enter the expansive living-kitchen area, truly the heart of the home. Bifold doors lead out onto the dining terrace with countryside view beyond and the skylights in the vaulted ceiling enhance the natural light in the room. The kitchen, designed by Rotpunkt, boasts a large central island and several cupboards surrounding both the built in fridge, freeze and NEFF appliances.
The beautiful, distressed wood flooring draws you into the open plan living area with double height feature windows, exposed stone walls and quintessential barn arrow slit windows are only a few of the unique features. A stunning focal point of the formal living area is the stone surround fireplace complete with Chesney log burner. Two sets of French doors provide access to the rear garden.
Stairs alight to a partial gallery landing. To the left hand side is a large double bedroom with built in wardrobes, loft access and ensuite bathroom consisting of stone bath, walk in rain-head shower and heated towel rail. The deep silled window provides delightful views across the countryside. Along the landing is the Principal suite with impressive walk in wardrobe, boasting similar, beautiful countryside views and ensuite shower room.
Behind a quaint stone wall (complete with personal post box) is a large gravelled driveway leading to Potters Barn. To the right hand side are several beautiful sunken olive trees and at the end of the drive there is a flower bed, all recently installed and softening the approach to the impressive stone barn conversion. There is an open garage of exposed stone and feature beams with space for 2 large vehicles and ample parking on the driveway. A storage room with electricity and window, is located to the right hand side of the garage.
To the rear there is a dining terrace accessed via the kitchen bifold doors and another via the double doors in the open-plan living area, which leads to a fire pit. To the right hand side is a built-in, sunken, cedar wood hot tub. The remainder of the garden is largely laid to lawn with flower beds bordering the fence line. Beyond the garden are stunning countryside views.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. LPG central heating. None of the services have been tested by the agents.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as curtains, light fittings and garden ornaments are specifically excluded but may be available by separate negotiation.
Huntingdon District Council
The property may only be inspected by prior arrangement through King West
From Stamford take the A1 southbound carriage, exiting at Stibbington. Turn right over the flyover following the lane to the ‘T’ junction, turn left and follow the road into Elton. At the ‘T’ junction turn right and take the first right into Middle street. Behind the left hand side stone wall, Potters Barn – 3A is on the right hand side.
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract or part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. All dimensions, descriptions, areas, reference to condition and permission for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers should not rely upon them as statements of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of each item.
5. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
6. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. May 2021
Potters Barn, 3a Middle Street
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Peterborough Station6.9 miles
About the agent
When moving house the support of a team with experience is paramount.
From an honest property valuation to professional brochures, fantastic photography to spellbinding descriptions. We know the market, we know what sells and who is looking to move. Our service levels are exceptional and we will do all that we can to ensure that your journey is as smooth as possible.
Don't take our word for it, read our testimonials to see what our clients say about our
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference STA210040. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by King West, Stamford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.