Sandgate Road, Folkestone, CT20
- Substantial detached period house
- In prime West End location
- Short walk from Folkestone West Station
- Elegantly proportioned accommodation
- Totals approximately 3400 sq ft
- Wealth of original features
- Four reception rooms
- Seven Bedrooms and three bathrooms
- Delightful garden to rear
- Ample parking
This elegantly proportioned detached period family house offers a unique opportunity to acquire a substantial property benefitting from a wealth of original features including fireplaces, architectural mouldings and joinery and exuding an air of charm and character throughout.
The accommodation, which totals some 3400 square feet, comprises an impressive entrance hall leading to three large reception rooms, each with wonderful fireplaces, and to the breakfast room which is open plan to the well fitted kitchen. There is also a cloakroom and utility room on the ground floor. Over the first and second floors there are seven bedrooms, two bathrooms and a shower room.
Outside the house enjoys a delightful garden to the rear and ample parking on the driveway to the front of the house.
For room sizes please refer to floorplan.
Sandgate Road is a popular position within Folkestone's sought after West End within minutes of The Leas and a short walk from Folkestone West Station. Boys and girls Grammar Schools are also within easy reach. The property is a pleasant stroll from the charming coastal village of Sandgate with its eclectic mix of village store, antiques shops, boutiques, public houses, cafes and restaurants. The long stretches of shingle beach and sailing club can be found by meandering down one of the pretty alleyways from the high street and the coastal path can be followed along the foot of The Leas all the way to Folkestone Harbour with the recently regenerated "Harbour Arm" with champagne bar, restaurants, cafes and live music, The Artists Quarter and busy High Street.
The Cinque Ports Town of Hythe with its wider range of amenities, including a Waitrose, is approximately 3 miles away to the west. There is a variety of sporting facilities available along the coast, including rowing and sailing clubs, cricket club and a choice of golf courses in the immediate vicinity together with the Hotel Imperial Leisure Centre offering spa treatments, pool and gym.
The High Speed Rail Link service to London, with a journey time to St Pancras of less than an hour, is available at Folkestone West Station (1 mile) and Ashford International (16 miles) and Eurostar services to Paris and Brussels are also available at the latter. The M20 motorway network and the Channel Tunnel Terminal at Cheriton (Calais 35 minutes) are both about 3 miles distant.
Sandgate Road, Folkestone, CT20
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Folkestone Central Station0.6 miles
- Folkestone West Station0.7 miles
- Channel Tunnel Terminal Station1.9 miles
About the agent
Tim Lawrence & his qualified sales team boast more than 35 years' experience of selling property in Hythe, Saltwood, Folkestone & the surrounding villages. We pride ourselves on our in-depth local knowledge, and highly professional and personal service within a prominently located High Street office. Our commission rates are competitive and negotiable.
At Lawrence & Co we offer a highly professional and personal independent agency service. Since our formation we have established
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference LAWR_002187. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lawrence & Co, Hythe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.