Cubitt Apartments, Chatfield Road, Battersea, SW11
- Moments away from the River Thames
- 2nd floor with lift
- Private southwest-facing balcony
- Secure building with video intercom and internal bike storage
- Shared roof terrace with views towards the City of London
- Two double bedrooms
- Walking distance to Clapham Junction station, Wandsworth Town station, and Uber Boat
- Co-op Food store, doctor's surgery, gym and other amenities all within 2 minute walk
- Easy access to the bars, restaurants and nightlife on the Old York Road, Northcote Road and St John's Hill.
For leisure, the River Thames with adjacent running and cycle routes is moments away, whilst Old York Road, Northcote Road and St John's Hill are all close by - offering various eateries, public houses and shops.
Day-to-day practicalities are taken care of by a Co-op and gym downstairs on Chatfield Road, whilst direct transport into central London is available from both Clapham Junction and Wandsworth Town stations, and various bus routes. The Uber Boat river taxi is close-by for traffic-free travel and there are also Santander Cycles docking stations nearby. There is secure bike storage on the ground floor with key fob access.
Some words from the owner
What do you love most about your home?
We enjoy the layout of the living and dining area with the marble kitchen counter splitting up the room. Friends tend to congregate around there for the first drinks and nibbles of the night, and of course, the configuration allows the chef to be included and immersed in conversation throughout food preparation. We love opening up the french windows in summer and placing our dining table in the direct sunlight as if it were al fresco dining. The same french windows offer amazing soundproofing. The amenities of the area encourage high footfall on the street, but the windows block out all noise. We love taking drinks and dinner up to the roof terrace, sitting down at the communal outdoor tables and enjoying our evening meals at sundown with 360 degree views across London. We love coming home in winter to the warmth of the flat, caused by incredible insulation and energy efficiency.
Why are you moving?
We have a 7 month old baby and both of us intend to work from home a few days a week. Therefore, we need more space for the baby to sleep and play, as well as two new rooms for us both to work in. Until the baby arrived and the pandemic sparked a working from home revolution, the flat met our needs perfectly. Over the seven years we've lived there, we used the second bedroom as a room for a tenant, a dressing room, a spare bedroom and a study, but now we need four rooms at once rather than a one room evolving in purpose four times. Finally, I've lived in Wandsworth my whole life and it's time for a change. We love the area, but we intend on moving to West London for a change of scenery.
What do you love about the area?
I love how close the apartment is to essentials such as a traditional French brasserie, a GP and pharmacy, a Co-op on the ground floor of the building with an adjoining brand new gym and artisan coffee shop.
The riverside boardwalk is perfect for scenic walks, bike rides and picturesque running routes. You can even take the Uber riverboat to work from Plantation Wharf pier to Embankment or Blackfriars, taking in the city's most iconic landmarks such as the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament. If it's rail that floats your boat. it's 10 minutes walk to Wandsworth Town train station and only 12 minutes to Clapham Junction, providing easy access to London Waterloo, London Victoria and Vauxhall.
Battersea Village with its charming piazza and Gordon Ramsay restaurant is only a short riverside stroll away, as is beautiful Battersea Park. The trendy shops and restaurants of Northcote Road are only a short walk away too, as well as the famous King's Road and Stamford Bridge.
Cubitt Apartments, Chatfield Road, Battersea, SW11
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Wandsworth Town Station0.4 miles
- Clapham Junction Station0.6 miles
- Imperial Wharf Station0.6 miles
About the agent
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference ojp0caqo_EAF_68001. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.