Primrose Hill, Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan, CF71 7DU
- In a most outstanding position enjoying quite superb views looking over Cowbridge in a westerly dire
- Thistlefield is a unique barn complex to be sold together with a two bedroom guest wing and a two be
- Extensive, adaptable accommodation
- Seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, four reception rooms
- Farmhouse kitchen and adjacent living/dining space
- Also leisure suite including indoor swimming pool, seating and conservatory
- Gardens and grounds of close to 2.5 acres in total
- Including paddock, lawns, seating areas, garaging and workshop
- Two bedroom annexe
- EPC rating: TBC
SITUATION The Historic Market Town of Cowbridge is at the heart of the rural vale and is famous for its quality, individual shops, boutiques; restaurants, pubs and cafes; and is home to a centrally positioned Waitrose store. Further services include a health centre, leisure centre, various sporting clubs, public library and Old Hall Community Centre. There are also local primary and secondary schools within the town itself. Access both east and west is via the A48, which by-passes the Town. The City of Cardiff which has the usual amenities of a Capital City lies some 13 miles to the east with a main line rail connection to London in around two hours. The M4 motorway lies to the north of Cowbridge and junctions 33, 34 and 35 service "The Vale". There are several golf courses within the area and the heritage coast with its cliff-top walks and mixture of sandy and stony beaches lies to the south and west.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * In an outstanding, elevated position on the edges of Cowbridge and enjoying quite superb views over Cowbridge Town with a westerly direction.
* Thistlefield is a sizeable barn complex converted and offering highly adaptable, flexible accommodation for families and multi-generational living.
* To be sold with the surrounding gardens and grounds of close to 2.5 acres in total together with a two bedroom annexe
* Central entrance hallway with doors to principal reception rooms off and staircase to the first floor.
* Dining room and adjacent lounge, both with doors opening to a private, westerly facing patio looking out over the adjoining paddock and onto Cowbridge Town and surrounding area
* Country kitchen with two oven oil fired 'AGA', a range of units and central island with appliances, where fitted, to remain, including: separate twin oven, gas hob and integrated fridge.
* Adjacent to the kitchen is a living/dining area with space for a dining table and ample additional room for seating. From this sitting area there is access into the leisure suite and also to the rear garden space.
* Linking through to the leisure space is an inner lobby with an office area off connecting into a utility room beyond which is a wet room/WC and the leisure complex.
* Leisure complex includes a heated, indoor swimming pool (approx max 11m x 5m) set in its own barn and with doors and windows looking out over a westerly direction.
* The area has its own seating area and an open archway leading into a conservatory positioned to enjoy a westerly aspect looking out over own grounds and to Cowbridge in the distance.
* Additional ground floor guest wing includes: two / three further bedrooms, a living space with wood burner, a kitchenette and a bathroom. There is potential for this to be divided to create additional accommodation.
* To the first floor are five bedrooms, the two largest both having en-suite bathroom/shower rooms.
* Of the three further bedrooms, two of which are good double rooms, the other a single bedroom. These share use of a further bathroom.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Approached via a long driveway, there is access to Thistlefield over a block paved sectional drive onto a paved forecourt parking area. This is an extensive space from which a further paved driveway runs to the rear of the annexe and leads to the garage and workshop block.
* Garage (approx. max 7.5m x 5.7m) is accessed via a roller shutter door and has an internal door leading into the adjoining workshop (8.6m x 5.7m). A paved area fronts the garage and offers considerable parking space/storage potential.
* Principal garden area is to the western side of the property, there being a private paved patio accessed from the kitchen/breakfast room, the dining room and the family lounge. This includes a fishpond and open, in turn, onto a lawn area.
* Beyond the lawn and to the western side of the property is a paddock of about 1.25 acres, ideal for equine / leisure use.
ANNEXE * 'Cobwebs' cottage adjoins Thistlefield and offers its own self-contained highly rentable accommodation.
* It has a generous 'L' shaped living/dining room, fitted kitchen, two double bedrooms and a bathroom.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric, water and gas connect to the property. Cess pit drainage. Gas-fired central heating; Oil-fired Aga.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office, travel along High Street into Eastgate towards the traffic lights. Continue straight through the traffic lights and continue up Cardiff Road / Primrose Hill for approximately 700 yards, turning left onto a lane just after the 'speed limit' sign. Follow this lane for its length to find Thistlefield in front of you.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Brochures(2018) 6-Page Bro...
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Front PageEPC 2
Primrose Hill, Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan, CF71 7DU
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Llantwit Major Station4.0 miles
- Pontyclun Station4.8 miles
- Pencoed Station5.2 miles
About the agent
Established in 1857, Watts & Morgan is one of the Oldest Firms of Chartered Surveyors, Auctioneers, Valuers and Estate Agents in South Wales.
With a vast amount of local knowledge we can offer extensive services on virtually every aspect of property related matters within the Residential, Commercial and Agricultural Property Markets.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, let or bid for your dream property our friendly, professional staff will be pleased to help.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100565014328. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan, Cowbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.