Cropley Street, Islington, London, N1
- Georgian Freehold Terraced Property
- 3 Double Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, 1 Shower Room
- Elegant Accommodation Over Three Floors
- Beautiful Reception Room with Wood Burning Stove
- Well Equipped Eat In Kitchen/Diner
- Attractive 47ft Secluded South Facing Private Garden
- Close to Excellent Transport Links, Shoreditch Park and Vibrant Amenities
- 113 sq m / 1215 sq ft
1. The first thing I should say is I have not lived in the house. I originally bought it as an investment and it has been rented out to tenants who are friends of mine so I have visited for dinner or social occasions over the last eight years or so. I love the light and airiness of the ground floor living room with the large windows at the front and rear that give a real sense of space and brightness. One of the fireplaces has a wood burner which makes it cosy in the winter.
2. I love the spaciousness of the lower ground floor kitchen and how it opens up to the garden allowing for that indoor/outdoor feeling and the ability to easily move to dining outside in the summer.
3. There are other aspects to the property that give it period charm or character and make it convenient and pleasant to live in, like the original staircase and handrails, the lovely big bathroom on the first floor and the extensive Banham Security throughout but the thing I really love is the garden which is large with mature trees (Fig, Acer and Olive). A wonderfully fragrant jasmine climber along the left-hand wall, a secluded area at the back behind the bamboo and a biodiverse mix of plant including bluebells and lilacs on the lawn area. There are other flowering shrubs as well as phormium, agapanthus, roses, standard jasmine and grapevine that combine to offer interest, colour, and fragrance and attract wildlife throughout the year.
Things I love about the area
1. I love how central the house is because I like to be able to walk everywhere. There is easy access to Islington Essex Road and Upper Street with everything that has to offer. Equally, Shoreditch and the City are very close by.
2. Cropley street is very close to the Canal with a short walk west along the towpath to Angel or Eastwards as far as London Fields and beyond.
Q & A
1. Why are you selling? The house is surplus to my needs, and I would rather sell the house than rent it out.
2. What's the area like? The area is very central and convenient, very residential, lots of hidden gems pubs, parks etc.
3. What is parking like? I have always found parking easily right outside.
4. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The road is not busy at all with very light traffic day or night.
5. I'm currently working from home; how does that work in this property? There is plenty of quiet space in the property.
6. What's the internet like? Internet is good.
7. What's the boiler like? Boiler is gas and modern and efficient.
8. Are we able to do any work/extensions? The house seems to be the last one in the terrace that has kept its original footprint. All the other period properties in the terrace have been extended into the garden. If you look out of the top floor rear windows you can see the variety of extensions along the terrace.
Boasting a wealth of period charm and character, this inviting three double bedroomed Georgian property with well-maintained living space spanning three floors. Accommodation comprises entrance lobby to the ground floor, leading into the bright and spacious double length reception room with dual aspect windows to front and rear, wood-burning stove, and ample space for relaxing and entertaining. Stairs rise up to the first floor, as well as down to the lower level where there is a impressive full length kitchen/diner with double doors onto the delightful garden. The kitchen area itself comprises a range of matching wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating an inset ceramic sink unit and further space for appliances. To the first floor, there is a generous mastr bedroom with dual windows to the front, plus an elegant family bathroom with white three piece bath suite and separate shower unit. To the second floor, there are a further two double bedrooms, as well as a modern shower room.
The property is very conveniently located in a popular location, within a short walk of Angel, Essex Road, Hoxton and Haggerston stations, as well as numerous regular bus routes providing excellent cross-London links. Nearby Upper Street offers an array of stylish shops, vibrant bars and good restaurants, with lovely Shoreditch Park close-by, and the Regents Canal also just a short distance away with waterside pubs and eateries along its banks.
Cropley Street, Islington, London, N1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Essex Road Station0.5 miles
- Old Street Station0.6 miles
- Hoxton Station0.6 miles
About the agent
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 8e34u4mt_EAF_67904. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.