Preston Avenue, Highams Park
- Three bedroom house
- Mid terrace Edwardian
- Potential to extend (STPP)
- Circa 1137 Square Footage
- Moments from Highams Park Station
- Approximately 51 Foot Rear Garden
- Short Walk to Highams Park/Epping Forest
- Original Features Throughout
- Quiet Residential Location
It's all located on a peaceful, leafy residential street within easy reach of the highlights of Highams Park. The overground station is less than five minutes walk and the rolling green spaces of Highams Park itself is just a half mile away.
IF YOU LIVED HERE
You'll be stretching out in over 1100 square feet of living space behind that flawless brick frontage, adorned with original mouldings and set back nicely from the road behind your cobbled front courtyard and wrought iron fence. Head inside, noting the gorgeous stained glass in the front door, and you have your double width hallway with vintage timber floorboards underfoot, original ceiling rose overhead and fretwork on the timber staircase. The perfect introduction.
To the right you have the first of your two reception rooms, a bright lush lounge with more original timber underfoot and floods of natural light from that oversized box bay window. A pristine vintage timber mantel and ebony hearth takes centre stage. Next door's your dedicated dining room, 140 square feet with exposed brick hearth and French doors to the garden. Out here you have an expansive patio filling the generous side return before blooming out to fill the width of the plot and descending to a lush length of lawn flanked by curvaceous, thriving beds.
A paved pathway leads to a delectable hexagonal summer house and a secluded seating area perfect for dining al fresco. Back inside, and your kitchen's over twenty two feet deep, decked out with an imposing suite of classic cream cabinets, home to an oversized Dublin sink, glossy marbled countertops and double width chef's oven. Rustic tiling runs underfoot and there's a pleasant cottagey vibe to the whole space.
Upstairs and your broad, carpeted landing offers plenty of incidental space heading into your master bedroom of 190 square feet. Illuminated by a second box bay window, it's full of light and ornately appointed in classic creams and whites, with a contrasting vintage ebony hearth. To the rear bedroom two's another double, just as plush and with a lovely garden view, while bedroom three's a generous single ideal for a child or home working space. Finally, your bathroom's an utter showstopper; a freestanding clawfoot tub sitting beneath a rainfall shower and vintage fittings throughout.
Outside, and as noted Highams Park overground station is less than five minutes on foot. From here you can get directly to Liverpool Street in twenty three, putting the City less than a half hour away door to door. Heading to the West End? Walthamstow Central is just two stops and five minutes away for a quick swap to the Victoria line. Known locally as 'The Highams Park', the gorgeous green space that gives your new neighbourhood its name is just a half mile on foot, home to playgrounds and Humphry's cafe, named after the early nineteenth century landscape gardener Humphry Repton, who created Highams Park Lake.
- You're well served for local schools, with no fewer than fifteen deemed 'Good' or 'Outstanding' by Ofsted less than a mile away on foot. The 'Outstanding' Selwyn Primary is less than ten minutes walk.
- With the extensive loft space so far untouched, you could follow the lead of your neighbours and add a whole new storey with a Dormer extension (subject to the usual permissions).
- For your new local, you can't do better than the salubrious surroundings of The Royal Oak pub and guest house with a delicious menu and excellent range of fine wines and real ales. Just three minutes walk.
Lounge - 3.98m x 4.81m (13'0" x 15'9" ) -
Dining Room - 3.53m x 3.61m (11'6" x 11'10" ) -
Kitchen - 2.73 x 6.82m (8'11" x 22'4" ) -
Bedroom - 3.58m x 4.82m (11'8" x 15'9" ) -
Bedroom - 2.20m x 3.06m (7'2" x 10'0" ) -
Bedroom - 3.18m x 3.61m (10'5" x 11'10" ) -
Bathroom - 2.58m x 2.20m (8'5" x 7'2" ) -
Rich with open green spaces, transport links and excellent schools, Highams Park is sat in an increasingly popular sweet spot between Walthamstow and Chingford.
Taking its name from the 18th century manor house, the grounds of which now form one of the area's star attractions - Highams Park itself. Known locally as 'The Highams Park' the park features a lake created by landscape gardener Humphrey Repton in the late 1800s.
Highams Park overground station is in zone 4 and will whisk you directly to Liverpool Street and is also just moments from Walthamstow Central for a whole host of other amenities and connections.
BrochuresBrochurePreston Avenue, Highams Park
Energy Performance CertificatesEE Rating
Preston Avenue, Highams Park
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Highams Park Station0.2 miles
- Wood Street Station1.3 miles
- South Woodford Station1.5 miles
About the agent
Welcome to The Stow Brothers.
Established in 2014 in Walthamstow, at the heart of one of London's most diverse and energetic boroughs, we've since expanded to a second location in the neighbouring area of Wanstead and it's surrounds, and now a new third office located in Highams Park, also covering Chingford and Woodford, where our drive and enthusiasm to make The Stow Brothers the best estate agent throughout East London continues.
We believe that selling, buying, letting or rent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30680569. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by The Stow Brothers, Highams Park. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.