- Entrance Hall, Cloakroom
- Sitting Room
- Dining Room
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Master Bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room
- Three further Double Bedrooms
- Large Family Bathroom
- Double Carport
- Secluded garden with southerly aspect
The Property:A rare opportunity to purchase this 17th century Rothschild former farmhouse steeped in history and character. Talisman Cottage was originally a substantial property which incorporated The Kiln, The Buttery and Spirals, and had previously served as the estate office and also as a tavern. In 1870 it was extended to form the principle estate farm in the village, renamed Lower Farm. In 1980 Lower Farm was sold by the RAF to the tenant farmer Michael Blundell and in 1984 he built Lower Farm Bungalow for the family, selling the farmhouse to a developer who converted it into the four separate dwellings. Talisman Cottage has been refurbished over the years by the present owner to provide well-presented accommodation which comprises in brief: vaulted vestibule leading to the hallway which has exposed beams, brickwork and a mixture of wooden and tile flooring that flows throughout the property. There are two good sized reception rooms - an elegant double aspect sitting room and a very spacious dining room. Also on the ground floor is a cloakroom and a kitchen/breakfast room which is fitted with a good range of units, a Rangemaster oven which is included and an integrated dishwasher. To the first floor are two double bedrooms with an en-suite shower room to the master and a very spacious family bathroom with roll top bath and a large shower. To the second floor there are two further double bedrooms.
Outside: To the front of the property is a courtyard garden accessed via a gate with screening provided by mature hedging. The rear garden is a particular feature of the property, having been attractively landscaped with a large patio abutting the property which leads to a good area of lawn with well stocked flower and shrub borders. What was once part of the old barns has been converted into a generous sized Store Room/Utility Room/Workshop (14’0 x 9’10) part of which is a fully functioning utility room with sink, worktop, cupboards, plumbing for a washing machine and additional storage in the eaves. The side gate leads to the two carports to the rear of the garden which allows parking for two cars and allows for storage in the eaves.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Wendover Station1.6 miles
- Stoke Mandeville Station2.1 miles
- Little Kimble Station3.8 miles
About the agent
For the home buyer or tenant, we provide a wealth of local knowledge, contacts and experience to help a buyer or tenant find their ideal home. Here our associated network will help as well, as we can put buyers in touch with our associated offices who will personally look after the search within their local area.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10962480. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Tim Russ & Company, Wendover. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.