The Hayloft, Main Road, Bulcote, Nottingham, NG14 5GT
- A Rather Special & Charming Barn Conversion In A Highly-Regarded Part Of Nottingham
- Significantly Improved By The Current Owners Since They Acquired The Property Around Ten Years Ago
- Stunning Hand Crafted Kitchen With Adjoining Dining & Living Rooms, Formal Lounge & Cloakroom To The Ground Floor
- Principal Bedroom With En-Suite Shower Room & Dressing Room (Currently Used As An Office), Two Further Double Bedrooms & Family Bathroom To The First Floor
- Impressive Double Height Entrance Hall With Galleried Landing To The First Floor
- Enclosed Garden With Large Patio & Lawn, Outhouse, Two Parking Spaces & Former Double Garage That Is Currently Used As A Gym
- A Rare Opportunity To Acquire A Stunning Home With Much Character & Charm
- Beautifully Decorated With The Use Of Muted Tones That Marry Well With The Natural Charm Of The Building
- Former Double Garage (Currently Used As The Gym) Ideal For Those Who Work From Or Run A Business From Home
- A Rare Visitor To The Market - Early Enquiries & Viewings Are Therefore Encouraged To Avoid Disappointment
The Hayloft is a rather special barn conversion and a stunning home with much character and charm that has been significantly improved by the current owners since they acquired the property around ten years ago.
Well-proportioned accommodation is beautifully decorated in tasteful muted tones that marry well with the natural charm and characterful features of the building such as the exposed brickwork and woodwork including impressive roof trusses to the first floor.
The property has many attributes associated with a fine family home including a large open-plan kitchen with adjoining dining and living rooms; the hub of the home forming a fantastic space in which to cook, dine and relax with family and friends. There's a ground floor cloakroom and, on the first floor, three double bedrooms, one of which has an en-suite shower room.
Externally, The Hayloft benefits from having parking for two cars, an enclosed garden and a gym that has been created by the conversion of a double garage. This, in particular, is a part of the home that is likely to appeal to those who run a business or work from home.
The sale of The Hayloft represents a rare opportunity to acquire a characterful home in a highly-regarded part of Nottingham, the quality and charm of which can only really be appreciated by an internal inspection. Such properties are rare visitors to the market and we therefore encourage early enquiries and viewings.
GROUND FLOOR ACCOMMODATION
The front door opens up into the ENTRANCE HALLWAY where you get an immediate indication of the scale, quality and exceptional standard of presentation that prevails throughout this exquisite home. You are immediately drawn to the double-height ceiling and first floor galleried landing. There's access from the entrance hall into the lounge, kitchen and an extremely useful CLOAKROOM with a toilet and wash hand basin. The formal LOUNGE is nicely proportioned and features an exposed brick chimney with a recessed fireplace and stone mantle that houses a gas fired, log-effect, burner. The hand-crafted KITCHEN is stunning and benefits from having an integrated dishwasher and washing machine, space for a range-style oven, a tumble dryer and a free-standing fridge/freezer. An island unit provides valuable work surface space as well as additional storage. DINING and LIVING ROOMS adjoin the kitchen and together form the hub of the home. This is, therefore, a wonderful part of this stunning home in which to cook, dine and relax with family and friends.
FIRST FLOOR ACCOMMODATION
Up on the first floor an impressive galleried landing overlooks the entrance hall and provides access into the three double bedrooms and the family bathroom. BEDROOM ONE is a lovely, well-proportioned room with an EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM and a DRESSING ROOM/WALK-IN WARDROBE that is currently used by the owners as an office. The en-suite shower room has a toilet, wash hand basin and an enclosure with a mains fed shower. The vaulted ceiling to this principal bedroom is a notable and impressive feature of the room. BEDROOM TWO and BEDROOM THREE also benefit from vaulted ceilings. The FAMILY BATHROOM is fully tiled and fitted with a suite comprising of a bath with a shower attachment, a toilet and a wash basin set within a vanity unit.
Bulcote is a very sought after picturesque village situated between Nottingham and Southwell offering convenient road links to the A46 and A52 which, in turn, give access to the M1 and A1. The area is surrounded by open countryside and there's an excellent range of amenities in the neighbouring village of Burton Joyce including a Co-op Store, post office, takeaways, dentist and doctors surgeries, a library and three popular pubs including the Award Winning 'The Nelson'.
Situated approximately nine miles north east of Nottingham city, Bulcote has good bus and rail links (from Burton Joyce Train Station) and therefore acts as a preferred commuter village for many of its residents. With access to reputable Primary and Secondary Education, it is equally favoured by families.
The facilities at nearby Victoria Retail Park in Netherfield, approximately five miles away, include national retailers such as Boots, Halfords, Next, TK Maxx, B&Q, Costa, Starbucks, Morrisons and a M&S Food Hall.
For room dimensions, please refer to the floor plan.
We are advised that there is mains gas, electricity and water connected to the property. There is a gas fired central heating system. Septic Tank.
Newark & Sherwood District Council.
Council Tax Band E, for which the charge for the current financial year is £2,614.87. Prospective purchasers are advised to check this.
Offers Over £525,000.00 (five hundred and twenty five thousand pounds).
Freehold with Vacant Possession Upon Completion.
Strictly by appointment through the Vendors Sole Selling Agent, Petersen Property Consultants.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
The Hayloft, Main Road, Bulcote, Nottingham, NG14 5GT
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Lowdham Station1.1 miles
- Burton Joyce Station1.3 miles
- Netherfield Station3.2 miles
About the agent
Petersen Property Consultants, Burton Joyce
Burton Joyce Business Centre 49c Main Street Burton Joyce Nottingham NG14 5DX
Petersen Property Consultants is an independent firm specialising in the sale of residential property in and around the Nottinghamshire village of Burton Joyce.
Offering a modern perspective to property agency, with a dynamic, refreshing approach, our ethos is to build productive working relationships through friendly professionalism.
We’re knowledgable about, and love the area. Having lived in Burton Joyce for many years, we’re part of the community.
We’re tenacious, but gi
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference NG145GT. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Petersen Property Consultants, Burton Joyce. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.