Blackham, Tunbridge Wells
- Period Farmhouse
- Attractive views
- 5.5 acres of land
- Gated entrance
- Extensive parking
- An additional 11 acres available
A charming and most attractive Grade II listed farmhouse with flexible accommodation in a semi-rural position with rural views and about 5.5 acres, within 1.5 miles of Ashurst station. Additional land available by separate negotiation.
Pitfields Farm is a delightful Grade II listed period farmhouse with a timbered frame with brick infill with intermediate glazed headers and weatherboarding to the upper elevations under a Kent peg tiled roof. The property retains a wealth of character including inglenook fireplaces and exposed ceiling and wall timbers creating a warm welcoming feeling. The accommodation is well presented having been recently re-decorated including new carpets fitted.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance door through to hallway with the drawing room with an inglenook style fireplace, brick hearth, central timbers and windows to three sides. A door opens to the stairs and a door to study/bedroom 4 with wall and ceiling timbers.
• Rear lobby with a shower room and a door to the rear garden giving this end of the house potential to be self contained (subject to the usual consent).
• To the other side of the hallway is an excellent kitchen/dining room with a range of units, oak working surfaces, Rangemaster cooker, impressive inglenook fireplace with brick hearth and wood burning stove, heavily timbered ceiling.
• Rear hall with useful butlers sink and boot room
• First floor landing with a window to the rear
Main bedroom which is dual aspect with ceiling timbers and adjoining separate WC Bedroom 2 is L-shaped with 2 windows and ceiling timbers. Bedroom 3 is dual aspect. Family shower room with tiled walk-in shower with drench head shower, wash hand basin, WC and window to the rear.
The property is approached via electric gates over a pea shingle drive leading to an extensive parking and turning area. There is a broad brick paved terrace the width of the house to the rear, a useful outside covered dining area and a detached outbuilding with utility room, boot room and WC. The gardens and grounds are a real joy with sweeping lawns, pond, mature shrubs and trees, paddocks and woodland.
The gardens and grounds are about 5.5 acres. There is an additional 11 acres available by separate negotiation.
Blackham, Tunbridge Wells
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ashurst Station1.2 miles
- Cowden Station1.7 miles
- Hever Station3.5 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN180223. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.