Forty Hill, Enfield, Hertfordshire
- Reception hall, drawing room and dining room
- Family room/study
- Billiard room
- Kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and cloakroom
- Large cellar
- Master bedroom with en-suite
- Eight further bedrooms and four further bathrooms (two en-suite)
- Coach house with two bedroom flat, stores and garage
Internally the house combines elegant, well-proportioned reception rooms with comfortable bedroom accommodation over the first and second floors. Of particular note is the wonderfully light and airy drawing room, centred on an attractive fireplace with a wood-burning stove. The drawing room is triple aspect with twin glazed doors leading onto the paved terrace at the rear.
Services: Mains gas, water, electricity and
drainage are connected. Broadband connection.
Gas fired central heating.
Local authority: Enfield Council
Council tax band: H
Tenure: Freehold for sale with vacant
N.B. The Coach House apartment is currently let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
Rights of way: The property is being sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights including rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and electricity supplies and other rights and obligations, easements and quasi-easements and restrictive covenants and all existing and proposed wayleaves, whether masts, pylons, stays, cables, drains, and gas and other pipes, whether referred to in these particulars or not.
Fixtures and fittings: All fixtures and fittings are
specifically excluded from the sale. Some items
may be available by separate negotiation.
Viewing: By appointment with Strutt & Parker.
Turkey Street train station 0.9 miles (London Liverpool Street from 34 minutes), Gordon Hill train station 1.3 miles (Moorgate from 35 mins), Enfield 1.5 miles, Central London 14 miles, London Heathrow airport 35 miles
Longbourn lies in the tree lined street of Forty Hill comprising a selection of handsome red brick and stuccoed period houses of the Georgian era. Opposite is the beautiful Forty Hall Manor, a Grade I Listed Jacobean Manor House and Country Park, both of which are open to the public.
There are excellent local amenities in nearby Enfield, just 1.5 miles distant including a new shopping centre and multiplex cinema.
Communications are good by both road and rail. Fast and frequent trains leave Turkey Street Station under 1 mile away, reaching London Liverpool Street in 34 minutes or from Gordon Hill Station reaching Moorgate in 35 minutes. The M25 is within 3 miles, linking with the national motorway network and central London is only 14 miles away.
Across the gravelled courtyard is the old coach house, now partially converted to provide comfortable secondary accommodation with two bedrooms, together with the old stables providing garaging and storage.
The gardens and grounds lie predominantly to the rear. Approached over a gravel terrace and laid mostly to lawn the gardens are studded with a selection of mature specimen trees including Cedar of Lebanon, Wellingtonia, Scots pine and Silver birch.
Forty Hill, Enfield, Hertfordshire
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Turkey Street Station0.9 miles
- Gordon Hill Station1.3 miles
- Enfield Town Station1.3 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference STA160130. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, St Albans. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.