Anchor Street, Bermondsey, SE16 - ID #105
- Why Should You Buy Me?
- Awesome Location
- West Facing Balcony
- Communal Roof Terrace
- Free Parking
- Top Floor (Second)
- Modern 2014 Build
- 550m From Southwark Park
- 1km From Bermondsey Station
- Energy Efficiency: B Rated
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold or leasehold property with Agent House
*Make sure you click the video button to get a full tour*
*Guide Price £375,000-£400,000* A beautiful top floor 1 bed apartment with a private West facing balcony and communal roof terrace, brilliantly located in the heart of Bermondsey.
Why should you buy me?
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION really is the choice phrase but, to spare boring those that know, Bermondsey was voted ‘The Sunday Times’ best place to live in 2018 (so worth checking out if you weren’t aware already!)
Often one bed city apartment buyers ask for the property to:
1) Be a modern build, to save on utilities and know they don’t have to do any substantial work.
2) Have video entry and be on the upper floors for security.
3) Have available parking, as they’re busy people and don’t want to scrap around for a space after work.
4) Be ideally top floor so they don’t have noisy neighbours stomping above them.
5) Have secure bicycle storage.
6) Offer open plan living, to accommodate friends & family to entertain… when allowed, DAMN YOU COVID (>.<)
7) Be in close proximity to awesome amenities and a less than 15 minute (safe) walk to a good station.
Well guess what, ALL the above are applicable with this gorgeous apartment on Anchor Street.
On entry the flat is immediately welcoming with a larger than average entrance hall separating all rooms. The bedroom is a comfortable double and comes complete with fitted wardrobe. The open plan lounge/kitchen is 7.83m long with glam kitchen finishes and the sun trap West facing balcony is to die for!
Currently owned by houseproud (soon to be married) couple Adam & Lucy, who have lived at the property since new in 2014, the flat is only hitting the market as the couple have made the tough decision to relocate and be closer to work.
When Adam & Lucy bought the apartment, they loved the fact it was so convenient yet offered the tranquillity and class that a modern city flat is renowned for.
In regards to spec, the floors are carpeted (other than the kitchen & bathroom) but can be easily changed, the kitchen comes complete with all Bosch integrated appliances (dishwasher, washing machine, oven, induction hob, extractor), there are custom blinds on the oversized windows, a shower over the bath and the Vaillant combi boiler is one of the better ones.
Bermondsey is the closest train station (just 1km door to door - less than 12 mins walk according to Google) which is super convenient offering fast trains to London Bridge (2 mins), Canary Wharf (4 mins), Waterloo (5 mins), Westminster (7 mins), Bond Street (12 mins), Stratford (15 mins) & Wembley Park (27 mins) just to name a few.
The gorgeous (pictured) Southwark Park is even closer at just over 550m, boasting its own art gallery, a top café overlooking the lake and lots of beautifully landscaped grounds… for River views (and to check out Tower Bridge lit up) head to The Angel traditional pub... but for the best grub in London, take a 1600m stroll (21 mins according to Google) to Maltby Street Market, Ropewalk & Bermondsey Street (the other side of Tower Bridge Road).
For the boring bits, SO resi (a subsidiary of Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing) manage the development and do a darn good job of it too. The lease was 125 from January 2014 so is 118 years unexpired and the annual charges remain sensible as all residents look after the development well.
Get in early to book your slot as we can’t see this place sticking around for long.
EER: B (Valid until 2024) | Council Tax: Southwark Band D
Tenure: Leasehold | Service Charge: £118.67pcm (inc. Building Insurance & £175pa Ground Rent)
Anchor Street, Bermondsey, SE16 - ID #105
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- South Bermondsey Station0.3 miles
- Bermondsey Station0.5 miles
- Surrey Quays Station0.6 miles
About the agent
Agent House is a collective of self-employed agents, with each agent given complete autonomy over the business that they run.
To ensure the service standards our clients receive is never compromised, we have incomparable industry values, only accommodating experienced and qualified agents.
The world is changing, with a clear swing in opinion for quality over quantity, and integrity before profit. Our view is that the estate agency industry in the UK should be no exce
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference S32054. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Agent House, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.