Basingstoke Road, Old Alresford, Alresford
- Village Location just Five Minutes' from Alresford
- Beautiful Landscaped Gardens to Front and Rear
- Countryside Views and Walks from the Doorstep
- Four Bedrooms and Three Bathrooms
- Four Well-Proportioned Reception Rooms
- Double Garage and Generous Parking
- No Onward Chain
The front door opens to an entrance hall, with a cloakroom and stairs to the first floor. A door leads to the fitted kitchen and utility room, and beyond is the light and airy garden room, which has glazed French doors which open to the garden. The older part of the house has four similarly sized rooms comprising a sitting room, dining room, study/family room, and a bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Upstairs, there is a landing with airing and linen cupboards, and a loft access hatch. There are two double bedrooms, both with built-in wardrobes, a bathroom and shower room. A hallway 'bridge' leads through to a large double bedroom, which has its own walk-in dressing room.
Old Alresford, with a village green and village hall at its centre, lies at the southern end of the Candover Valley in the middle of farming communities and the famous watercress beds. There are a wide variety of walks and cycle rides from the doorstep. Old Alresford has a strong village community, with its church, dramatic society, summer fayre, bonfire celebrations, cricket club and village events. The town of New Alresford lies within a mile to the south, a beautiful Georgian town known for its variety of independent shops, restaurants and inns located in stunning surroundings on the edge of the South Downs National Park. Attractions include the Watercress steam railway, schools for infant, junior and secondary education, churches and an active community. The cathedral city of Winchester is just a few miles away and there is easy access to the south coast, the Midlands and London via the road network. There is mainline rail access to London from Winchester or Basingstoke.
SERVICES Mains water and electricity connected. Oil fired central heating. Private drainage - septic tank in front garden.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION Winchester City Council
Council Tax Band: G
Basingstoke Road, Old Alresford, Alresford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Micheldever Station6.9 miles
About the agent
At home in Hampshire
Hellards is independently owned, and has been selling and letting properties in Alresford and the surrounding villages since 1988.
Wherever you may be on your personal property journey, we would love to help you. Call us on 01962 736333, or pop into our office on Broad Street in the centre of the town, to discuss your property needs.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100820003901. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hellards Estate Agents, Alresford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.