Higher Contour Road, Kingswear, Devon
- Spacious Kitchen/Breakfast room opening to Terrace
- Sitting room with picture window affording glorious views
- Sun room with panoramic views
- Four double Bedrooms (three ensuite)
- Library & separate Snug
- Good sized fitted Utility room
- Double Garage & Parking for two cars
- Beautiful landscaped Gardens
- Terraces & Balconies
- Freehold. EPC rating D
- This property has been beautifully designed and styled to maximise the glorious views from every window of principal rooms - each a large picture affording light to enter the property but your eye to be drawn out to the stunning river and rural vistas.
- On the entrance level is a large open plan Kitchen/Breakfast Room which opens to a large decked Terrace with glass balustrades and those all-important views.
- There is also a Snug which provides a relaxing space and a Cloakroom on this level too, plus access to the Double Garage.
- A light filled stairway leads down to the spacious Sitting Room with large picture windows looking out over the hills and across Darthaven Marina to the River Dart. The TV is discretely hidden behind a panel and the room benefits from a multi-fuel burner for those cosy nights in.
- Oak doors separate the Sitting Room from a potential Dining Room or Study. However, the current owners use this space as an Art Studio. It benefits from fabulous light coming through the bi-fold doors which open to a Balcony where the views are a source of inspiration.
- On this level there are two double Bedrooms, one with large Ensuite comprising a large walk-in shower, separate bath, floating wash hand basin and low level w.c. The other Bedroom has a good-sized Shower Room next door and both rooms benefit from lovely views.
- A fully fitted Utility Room with airing cupboard, and spaces for washing machine and dryer completes this floor.
- On the Ground floor is the Principal Bedroom with glorious views and an Ensuite Shower Room boasting a large walk-in shower, low level w.c., and floating wash hand basin with cupboards under.
- A guest Bedroom, again with river views, includes an Ensuite Bathroom comprising bath with shower over, pedestal wash hand basin and low level w.c..
- The Library area has plenty of built-in shelves and views over the river to while away a peaceful afternoon reading or alternatively, to sit in the Sun Room overlooking the Garden and views
- Sliding doors lead out to the full width Patio and Deck with steps leading down to the lower landscaped Garden terraces, edged with specimen planting. A well-designed Patio is sheltered and enjoys far-reaching rural views as well as overlooking the wild meadow Garden. There is ample covered storage for garden implements.
- Bright Water is a light filled spacious home ideal as a permanent home or waterside retreat.
About the area:
Kingswear lies on the east bank of the River Dart in one of the most beautiful estuaries in the South West. The brightly coloured houses of this picturesque village overlook the Marina and fishing quay whilst the nostalgic sounds of the Dartmouth Steam Railway resonate along the valley during summer months. There is a post office, church, primary school, bistro and two popular inns with restaurants overlooking the river. A short ferry trip across the River Dart enables easy access to the ancient port of Dartmouth with its shops and fine restaurants, and to further afield to explore the Devon countryside and coastline. For the enthusiastic yachtsman, there is Darthaven Marina and the Royal Dart Yacht Club with its full program of sailing events. The glorious unspoilt beaches on National Trust are nearby and the Southwest Coastal path runs through the village enabling a short stroll to enjoy the local scenery.
SERVICES: Mains water, drains, electricity. Oil central heating (no mains gas in Kingswear)
COUNCIL TAX: Band G
EPC: Band D
LOCAL AUTHORITY: South Hams District Council t:
Viewings: strictly by prior appointment with The Coastal House. Please contact The Coastal House directly for further information or to arrange a viewing on or email Please note we do not accept liability for any personal injury or loss as a result of your viewing any of our properties.
Important: we would like to inform prospective purchasers that these sales particulars have been prepared as a general guide only and must not be relied upon as statements of fact. Neither The Coastal House nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property, and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agent(s). A detailed survey has not been carried out, nor the services, appliances and fittings tested. If floor plans are included, they are for guidance and illustration purposes only and may not be to scale and should not be relied upon for furnishing or planning purposes. These particulars, both in writing and/or by word of mouth, are not an offer or contract, nor part of one and should not be relied as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct.
If there are any important matters likely to affect your decision to buy, please contact us before viewing the property and/or seek independent legal advice.
Please note: this property is being offered directly for sale by The Coastal House estate agency in Kingswear, and all information and photographs have been provided by them. As such, Waterside Properties have not inspected the property, and are therefore not able to verify the correctness of any of the statements of fact contained herewith. All photographs of views have been taken directly from the property itself.
The Coastal House is a limited liability company registered at 14 Mayors Avenue, Dartmouth, Devon TQ6 9NG under no. 9447216 and a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme.
Higher Contour Road, Kingswear, Devon
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Paignton Station5.8 miles
About the agent
The Coastal House is an estate agency specialising in the sale of Coastal Properties . We deal exclusively with houses and apartments on or near the coast or waterside. All of the properties are located within the South West of England.
The Coastal House’s expertise in coastal & waterside houses makes us a unique estate agency. Our exceptional understanding of coastal properties allows us to better meet the requirements of both buyers and sellers.
We’re delighted you’ve joined us
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100461001368. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by The Coastal House, Dartmouth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.