Drax Avenue, Wimbledon, London, SW20
- Much sought after location
- Private road
- Detached house
- Horse shoe drive way
- Swimming pool and pool room
- Extensive gardens
An exceptional and rare opportunity to purchase a detached family house over 5,000 sq ft on one of the most impressive plots in the whole of Wimbledon. The overall plot is almost an acre and backs onto the Royal Wimbledon golf course.
Having suffered fire damage in 2018 to half of the first floor and part of the roof, the house requires extensive refurbishment throughout. However, there is plenty of scope to extend and renovate this wonderful period property (STPP).
Set back from the road this period home offers well balanced living and entertaining space across three floors with a central galleried stairwell.
To the rear of the house is a terrace overlooking the spectacular private, mature gardens and there is also a swimming pool and a tennis court both of which require refurbishing.
Drax Avenue is one of Wimbledon's more sought after addresses and is a quiet private 'semi rural' street close to the Common. Wimbledon Common is located at the end of the road and only around 600 metres away. The Common offers 1,200 acres of open space and is ideal for riding, walking or cycling.
Locally there are a number of useful everyday shops on Coombe Lane with a more comprehensive range of shops, bars and restaurants in Wimbledon Village, around 1500 metres away. Central London can be reached by car from the A3 or rail from Raynes Park station around 1500 metres distant and accessible via the regular 200 bus. There are a selection of highly regarded schools with The Rowans School on Drax Avenue itself just 35 metres away and Kings College around 1500 metres distant.
Source of distances Google Pedometer
All measurements are approximate.
Drax Avenue, Wimbledon, London, SW20
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Raynes Park Station0.8 miles
- Wimbledon Chase Station1.3 miles
- New Malden Station1.3 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WMS200277. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Wimbledon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.