Peak Lane, Compton Dundon
- A most attractive detached barn with generously proportioned accommodation throughout
- The charming accommodation is both attractively presented and generously proportioned throughout, offering fantastic family, work and entertaining space.
- Splendid two storey barn with original flagstone floors offering potential annexe/holiday let (subject to planning permission and consents)
- Enjoying reception hall, large kitchen/diner, utility room, cloakroom, three reception rooms, oak framed orangery, five double bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Set in 1.9 acres with expansive lawn, wide variety of established trees, large vegetable plot, raised terrace, ample parking, carport, garage and workshop
- Enjoying a stunning position with fabulous views and lovely countryside walks
Arriving in the entrance hall, doors open to the cloakroom, kitchen and sitting room. The spacious kitchen/dining room features a stone travertine tiled floor and wood burning stove, the kitchen is attractively appointed with a comprehensive range of base, wall, drawer units and large central island. Built in appliances include a tall fridge/freezer, dishwasher, two ovens, microwave oven, electric hob and cooker hood. The utility is a good size with plenty of storage and space for a washing machine and tumble dryer, it also houses the oil-fired boiler. Continue into the formal dining room where stairs rise to the first floor and doors take you in the sitting room and a third reception room, currently utilised as a library and study, but would also make a great family room. The sitting room is well proportioned with stunning floor to ceiling arched window and large double doors, a lovely Blue Lias stone fireplace with Morse wood burner is another attractive feature besides which is a glazed door on to the terrace. Double doors and steps down bring you into a wonderful Iroko oak-built orangery enjoying a south facing aspect and delightful outlook over the gardens.
On the first floor, an 'L' shaped landing leads off to five double bedrooms, the family shower room and an airing cupboard. The spacious master bedroom suite has a large built-in wardrobe and ensuite bathroom, it also enjoys marvellous far reaching countryside views to the south; an outlook also enjoyed from bedroom two.
The site in total measures approximately 1.9 acres. Approached via a gated access onto a large sweeping gravel drive which also leads up to the two vehicle open sided barn, large single garage and workshop, all of which are supplied with power and light. A smaller two storey barn could provide fantastic annexe space, subject to planning permission and consents, and is currently utilised as a games room with original flagstone flooring to the ground floor with oak side board, shelves and Belfast sink. Stairs rise to the first floor where there is plenty of storage space, shower room and sauna. There is also a good size tractor/garden shed and large wood store. The expansive garden faces due south and is mostly laid to lawn with a wide variety of mature trees. There is a sizeable vegetable plot with greenhouse and potting shed, and orchard well stocked with productive fruit trees including a cherry, green gage, damson, plum, medlar, quince, pear and apple. A lovely outlook is enjoyed from the raised stone terrace which extends from the barn which is accessed from the kitchen and sitting room there is a pergola with a mature productive grapevine.
The property is situated in the unspoilt rural Hamlet of Dundon. The neighbouring village of Compton Dundon lies within one mile and has a village Inn, the Castlebrook. The thriving centre of Street is some three miles and is home to Millfield Senior School and Clarks Village, complex of factory shopping outlets. Street also offers sporting and recreational facilities including both indoor and open air swimming pools, tennis, football, cricket, bowls etc, Strode Theatre and a range of pubs and restaurants. The ancient town of Somerton is approximately three and a half miles, and access to the M5 motorway at Junction 23 Bridgwater is within 15 miles.
From Street take the B3151 towards Somerton, drive through the village of Compton Dundon passing The Castlebrook Inn on your left, after approximately half a mile take the next right hand turn into Peak Lane. Proceed for half a mile, negotiate a sharp left hand bend, continue up the hill and along Peak Lane. The property will be found on the left-hand side.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Peak Lane, Compton Dundon
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Castle Cary Station9.5 miles
About the agent
The company was originally founded in 1991 and Holland & Odam is now the leading independent estate agency in mid Somerset. We offer a comprehensive property service including sales, lettings and financial services.
We have always been committed to providing our customers with high-quality, independent advice based on outstanding local knowledge, commitment and professional expertise.
You'll find that our business is built on traditional values of loyalty and honesty, supported by
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10794273. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by holland & odam, Street. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.