The Willowsmere, Ambleside Road, Windermere, LA23 1ES
- Outstanding Victorian detached 4 Star B&B
- 13 tastefully appointed en suite guest rooms
- 2 guest lounges. Breakfast room: 20 covers
- Modernised 2 bed 2 bath owner's accommodation
- Turnover YE 31 Mar '20: £172,569. GP 92%
- Fabulous award winning gardens & ample parking. Energy Rating C
- Christie & Co Ref: 5646718
An outstanding three storey detached Victorian residence, of Lakeland stone elevations beneath a multi pitched tiled roof line, with the advantage of both immaculate award winning gardens, and private car parking.Location
The Willowsmere occupies a superb, and prominent, trading position on Ambleside Road (A591) being a 10 minute stroll into Windermere, and offering an excellent base to explore the Lake District National Park which itself was awarded UNESCO World Heritage status in July 2017.Internal Details
• Entrance porch with reception
• L-shaped guest lounge
• Breakfast/dining room (20), free-standing tables & chairs
• Second guest lounge, free-standing soft seating, Victorian style period fireplace, french windows on to the award winning gardens
Trade kitchen, separate office, staff storage area, and guest ground floor toilet
All fixtures and fittings are to be included within the sale however, any items that are owned by a third party or personal to our clients will be exempt.Letting Accommodation
13 luxuriously appointed en suite bedrooms, currently configured as 11 double bedrooms and two single bedrooms, all offering flat screen tv's, radio alarms, hairdryers, tea & coffee making facilities.
• 3 four poster bedrooms, all with en suite bathrooms with free-standing bath with rainhead shower over
• 3 flexible double rooms, with either superking or twin beds, all with en suite bathroom with bath and shower over
• 2 premier doubles, with king-size bed, and en suite bathrooms with free-standing bath with rainhead shower over
• 2 standard doubles, with en suite bathrooms with bath and shower over
• 2 single rooms, one with en suite bathroom with bath and shower over, one with en suite shower room
• 1 Wheelchair accessible double bedroom with superking or twin beds, with en suite fully accessible wet room, at ground level
The Willowsmere has award winning split level gardens (Cumbria in Bloom, and Best B&B garden in Cumbria), with two private seating areas and lawns, offering guests the perfect opportunity to unwind, with a beverage from the property's honesty bar.
Large tarmacadam car park providing guest parking for up to 17 vehicles.
Lower ground floor:
Recently modernised and well-appointed owners accommodation comprising large lounge / dining room, master bedroom with en suite shower room, bedroom 2 with en suite shower room, storage room, large boiler / utility room and under stairs storage room.
Under our client's tenure the Willowsmere has been tastefully modernised, whilst retaining it's original period features with all 13 guest rooms offering updated period style en suite bathrooms, and double glazing.
The current owners choose to operate the Willowsmere as a lifestyle business, only operating 3 days per week during November & December, and being closed over the Christmas period, and throughout January & February.
This represents the opportunity for a new purchaser to increase trading hours, and improve both turnover and profitability.
Additional improvements include; replacement of both boilers, and all lighting converted to LED in 2020. Exterior repointing of the majority of the building, and painting of rear and side barge boards in 2021.
The business is currently operated by the owner operators with one full-time member of staff, and seasonal part-time staff.Trading Information
Net turnover to 31 March 2020 being a £172,569 with a gross profit margin of £158,279 (92%), with adjusted net profits, adding back exceptional one off items, of £91,776. Further detailed trading information, and historic accounts, are available upon request.Business Rates
The Rateable Value is £19,250 with effect from April 2017. Confirmation of actual business rates payable should be obtained from the local authority.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
The Willowsmere, Ambleside Road, Windermere, LA23 1ES
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Windermere Station0.6 miles
- Staveley Station4.0 miles
We’re the leading specialist advisor for buying and selling businesses in our sectors - hotels, pubs, restaurants, childcare, healthcare, convenience retail, leisure and medical.
If you’re looking to buy or sell a business in our specialist sectors – from a pharmacy in Sussex to a hotel in Austria – our expert advice and collaborative support will help you achieve your goals. You may be an independent first-time buyer or a multinational adding to your portfolio; either way, you’ll disco
Disclaimer - Property reference 5646718-fh. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Christie & Co, Manchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.