Bishopswood Road, N6
- ENTRANCE HALLWAY, DOUBLE DRAWING/DINING ROOM
- KITCHEN, FAMILY DINING ROOM WITH PAVED TERRACE, FAMILY ROOM
- STUDY, CLOAKROOM, LIFT
- PROFESSIONAL KITCHEN, UTILITY ROOM
- STAFF STUDIO WITH ENSUITE BATHROOM
- MASTER BEDROOM WITH HIS & HERS EN SUITE BATHROOMS AND DRESSING ROOMS
- 5 FURTHER BEDROOMS ALL WITH EN SUITE BATHROOMS
- LEISURE FLOOR WITH SWIMMING POOL, JACUZZI, CHANGING AND SHOWER ROOM, SAUNA, CINEMA/ MEDIA ROOM, BAR
- 2 PLANT ROOMS, 4 FURTHER WCS
- GARAGE; CARRIAGE DRIVEWAY; LANDSCAPED GARDEN
Bishopswood Road has long been one of the most desirable streets to live in Highgate. Highgate Village, with its characteristic Georgian fronted shops and the woodlands of Hampstead Heath are only half a mile away. The area is renowned for its high concentration of many of London’s top-performing independent schools.
Illustrious former occupants at number 16 include Archibald V. Hill, who shared the Nobel prize in Physiology in 1922. English Heritage will install a blue plaque, on completion of Hurstbourne, in commemoration of Hill’s work. Archibald lived at number 16 with his wife, Margaret Hill, the daughter of John Neville Keynes, a prominent figure at Cambridge University and sister to Maynard Keynes, the famous economist. Margaret was a key figure in local politics and set up Hill Homes in 1944, a housing association providing quality homes for elderly people. Margaret’s dedication was both nationally and internationally acclaimed and her work was publically recognised in 1957 when she was awarded a CBE.
Bishopswood Road, N6
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Highgate Station0.6 miles
- East Finchley Station1.0 miles
- Archway Station1.2 miles
About the agent
The best known residential property agency in North West London.
Glentree specialise in the luxury property markets of Hampstead, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Kenwood and Highgate, home to some of the most expensive real estate in the world. We guide you through the process of buying, selling, renting and developing quality property.
And, we are not frightened to put audacious deals together, in fact, this is a
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30710592. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Glentree Estates Ltd, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.