High Street, Silsoe, Bedfordshire, MK45
- Grade II listed 17th century detached property
- Five/six bedrooms; one en suite
- Three reception rooms
- Cellar used as a home gym
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Oil to radiator heating
- West facing gardens, driveway and double garage
A gated entrance opens into the driveway which provides parking and access to the double width garage which has a remotely operated door, power connected and a door to the side. The walled gardens wrap around the side and rear and face south and west.
The dual aspect snug has a sash bay window to the front, a glazed door to the outdoor seating area and a brick feature fireplace. Openings either side lead into the sitting room which has dual aspect windows and a multi fuel burning stove on the reverse side of the fireplace. The dining room has a feature brick fireplace and an exposed ceiling beam. The dual aspect family room has a tiled floor, a brick feature fireplace with timber bressumer and a corner storage cupboard.
The gardens at the side are paved and have mature shrubs, bushes and a water feature. The main garden at the rear includes an extensive paved area, adjoining the house, which is covered by a pergola with vines growing over. The remaining garden is lawned with well stocked borders and mature trees.
Silsoe is located just off the A6, almost equidistant from Bedford and Luton. It has a variety of local amenities that include shops, a lower school and country pubs. It also has over 130 listed buildings and is edged by the historic gardens of Wrest Park. There is a newly built community and sports facility. The catchment schools are Arnold Academy and Harlington Upper School.
High Street, Silsoe, Bedfordshire, MK45
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Flitwick Station3.0 miles
- Harlington Station4.5 miles
- Millbrook (Bedfordshire) Station5.5 miles
About the agent
Established for over 50 years, Michael Graham has a long heritage of assisting buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants to successfully navigate the property market. With fourteen offices covering Bedford and the surrounding villages as well as the neighbouring areas of Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire, we have access to some of the region's most desirable town and country homes.Give Your Home Our Marketing Adv
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WBS210037. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael Graham, Bedford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.