High Street, Landbeach, Cambridge, CB25
- High quality family house
- Indoor pool/gym complex
- Large spaces for entertaining
- Available in two lots
- High tech lighting
- Flexible accommodation in a secluded position
- EPC Rating = D
York House is a substantial family house built to a high standard by the present owners for their own occupation on a large secluded site set back from the High Street.
Designed to provide light and spacious accommodation for an active family the house has approximately 8,050 sq ft of floor area over two principle floors with a large wing providing an indoor swimming pool currently floored over to create a large gym/ entertainment space with plant and shower rooms and access through wide sliding doors into the extensive grounds that are mainly to the east and south of the house.
Much of the interior has ceramic tiled flooring and remotely controlled lighting systems which can illuminate many of the rooms in multi-coloured mood lighting. The centre of the house is occupied by a high quality Italian made kitchen with a range of integrated appliances and a large breakfast bar together with breakfast area and built in matching high gloss wall units. There are three further large reception rooms, a study and a ground floor bedroom with shower room nearby for added flexibility.
At first floor level there are four en suite double bedrooms with high quality bath or shower rooms and a fifth en suite bedroom is on the second floor. The accommodation is shown in greater detail in the attached dimensioned floor plans.
The entrance to the property is found adjacent to No43 High Street and the house is very private being tucked away at the end of a paved driveway that leads down to tall brick piers with wrought iron gates which lead into a block pavioured parking area.
An integral double garage with electric roller shutter door is to the right hand side together with a further parking area to one side. To the other side of the house there is a series of paved terraces providing numerous areas to sit out and access the internal accommodation with exotic palms in slate covered beds and various shrubs and trees and a stainless steel sculpture/water feature. The remainder of the grounds are enclosed by hedged boundaries and laid mainly to lawn.
Accessed via “Banworth Lane” is a former stable building which has planning consent for conversion to B1 office use - South Cambridgshire District council planning application ref: 20/02488/FUL. Available by separate negotiation. Please contact the vendors agents for further details
If Lot 2 is sold separately the southern boundary will require fencing to an agreed specification and a right of way for agricultural/gardening operations will be retained for Lot 1.
• The attractive village of Landbeach is some 5 miles north east of the University city of Cambridge and has two Churches, a village hall and children’s play facilities. There are a range of everyday facilities in nearby Waterbeach and Cottenham (3 miles) together with a Tesco Supermarket at Milton (2 miles). There are extensive shopping, recreational and cultural facilities in Cambridge City Centre.
• For the commuter there is access to the A10 and the A14 which leads to the A1, A428, M11 and A11. Milton Park and Ride is within easy reach. Train services in to Cambridge and London’s Kings Cross are available from Cambridge North station (3 miles) and Waterbeach station (2 miles). Cambridge Science Park is less than 3 miles away.
• Local primary schooling is in Waterbeach and secondary schooling at Impington Village College and Cottenham Village College. There are a selection of Independent schools for all age groups in Cambridge.
(All distances and times are approximate)
Square Footage: 8,050 sq ft
High Street, Landbeach, Cambridge, CB25
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Waterbeach Station1.4 miles
- Cambridge North2.7 miles
- Cambridge Station4.9 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAS180360. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.