- Expansive living room with a bay window and triple aspect stunning views
- Formal Dining room with conservatory
- Spacious kitchen with separate dining area
- Wood panelled library
- Principal bedroom suite of rooms with ensuite bathroom and dressing room
- Three further double bedrooms, one ensuite
- Family bathroom
- Mature, landscaped gardens including a pond and sweeping driveway
- Two integral garages and a large store (potential separate guest wing)y annexe)
- Double glazing and GCH
A beautiful four bedroom, three bathroom family house built in the traditional style, featuring panoramic views of the surrounding countryside, against the stunning backdrop of Upper Tweedsdale, an idyllic landscape of heather moors and rolling green hills. The property, set within secluded mature gardens, has a light-filled, spacious feel due to expansive windows and a large conservatory allowing for abundant natural light. Boasting two reception rooms as well as a large wood-panelled library, expansive kitchen/dining room and a principal bedroom suite of rooms including en-suite bathroom and dressing room, this property will make a wonderful family home as well as the perfect place to either entertain or retreat and make the most of the peaceful surroundings - with easy access to the thriving Borders town of Peebles and under an hour’s drive from Edinburgh.
Expansive living room with a bay window and triple aspect stunning views
Dining room with conservatory
Spacious kitchen with separate dining area
Wood panelled library
Principal bedroom suite of rooms with ensuite bathroom and dressing room
Three further double bedrooms, one ensuite
Mature, landscaped gardens including a pond and sweeping driveway
Two integral garages and a large store
Gas central heating
Kentigern House is located within the rolling countryside of the Scottish Borders by the River Tweed, between the thriving market towns of Biggar and Peebles. The property is situated in a stunning rural location, yet remains easily accessible to Edinburgh which is under an hour’s drive by car. Neighbours include the well respected Dawyck Botanic Gardens and the award winning destination spa Stobo Castle, both just a short drive from the property.
Peebles high street is filled with independent shops, coffee shops, galleries and pubs to explore as well as a music and arts hub with a theatre and cafe. The area is dotted with notable restaurants, including Osso in Peebles and the Horseshoe Inn in Eddleston. Local supermarkets include a Sainsburys and Tesco.
The area has a wide range of outdoor sporting opportunities with exceptional hill walking, mountain biking and fishing.
The property is in the catchment for Broughton Primary and Peebles High School, with private schooling options in Edinburgh.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Carstairs Station14.9 miles
About the agent
Ennova Estate agents are a Private estate agency firm dedicated to delivering an exceptional and personal service to our network of clients. Vastly experienced in the property industry and supported by a specialist team of property and commercial lawyers we believe in delivering a personal service tailored to suit each of our individual clients and their companies. We do not advertise to the mass market and prefer to grow through introductions.
If you are looking to sell a residential o
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 20615396. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Ennova Estate Agents, Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.