- Beautiful Conversion of Former Old Vicarage
- Popular Location
- High Specification Finish
- Spacious Kitchen/Family Room
- Stunning Octagonal Sitting Room
- Three Bedrooms and Three Bathrooms, Two En-Suite
- Two Designated Parking Spaces
- Well Stocked Private Gardens and Communal Gardens Including Lawns and Woodland
- Chain Free
There are a choice of three entrances to the property; one that takes you via a canopy porch into the contemporary kitchen: a sociable hub, fitted with high specification, gloss finish units, integrated appliances that include a 'Barista' style coffee machine, and a central island. There is space for refectory style dining suite and room to relax as well. The second entrance is to the side and brings you into the reception hall area, and the third is via french doors into the dining area.
The sitting room is a particular feature, being the original Old Chapel and very similar to the chapel in the Shrine grounds. It is a wonderful example of how the property's period features have been combined with a high quality contemporary finish: the octagonal room features a dome with inset LED lighting to the ceiling and a stunning lantern roof, as well as a series of long bespoke windows which our vendor has had all carefully replaced in more recent years.
The property has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, which are located in The Old Dairy. Two of the bedrooms benefit from an en-suite, with the third bedroom served by a family bathroom. All of the bedrooms and bathroom are accessed via the spacious reception hall.
The outside space includes beautiful garden areas to the front and side and an inner paved courtyard terrace. The gardens have been prettily landscaped by our vendor and now provide mature, well stocked borders and lawned areas. Storage is provided and there are two designated parking spaces. Walsingham , a famous pilgrimage medieval village is situated five miles from Wells-next-the-Sea on the north Norfolk coast. It has a farm shop, two pubs, a restaurant and various small shops.
'The Old Chapel' has provided a stunning second home for our vendor, but it could also make a wonderful holiday cottage retreat or indeed a main residence.
WALSINGHAM The pretty village of Walsingham attracts pilgrims, artists, birdwatchers and those seeking a slower pace of life. The village has many fine period cottages, offers good local shopping including a vibrant farm shop, and has a popular restaurant, a good pub and a primary school. It is well known throughout the country as a religious centre with pilgrimages to the Anglian Shrine and Slipper Chapel at nearby Houghton St Giles.
SERVICES CONNECTED Mains electricity and water.
COUNCIL TAX Band E.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY RATING An Energy Performance Certificate is not required for this property due to it being Grade II listed.
PROPERTY REFERENCE 33981
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Sheringham Station14.1 miles
About the agent
The Wells office is located within The Granary at the heart of the Quay Side with its pretty Harbour and working fishing community. We have an exciting and dynamic team who have a huge local knowledge of the town and the surrounding areas which is invaluable in helping both vendors and purchasers. We are exceptionally proud that we get the opportunity to market everything from a fun and quirky beach hut through to a country home, and with our expertise we pride ourselves on providing only the
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100439035478. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Sowerbys, Wells-Next-The-Sea. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.