Church Road, Blewbury
- Traditional timber framed farmhouse
- Period barn with planning consent for residential conversion
- Gardens & grounds of 0.4 acre
- Potential for additional 2nd floor accommodation to the main house
- Heart of the village location
- Grade II listed
Abners has been in the same family ownership since the 1940's, the farmhouse although in need of some updating has been well maintained over the years retaining the original character and features of the building.
The barn has consent under application P21/V0406/LB) to convert the building to a unique family home featuring open plan living, mezzanine levels with spiral staircase all worked around the original timber framed structure. The barn has been consented as an independent dwelling but could be used as ancillary accommodation to Abners if desired.
Abners stands in Church Road right in the centre of Blewbury in what must be considered one of the very best locations in the village, in the heart of the conservation area. Blewbury is one of South Oxfordshires most picturesque villages standing at the foot of the Berkshire Downs just four miles south of Didcot. Village facilities include a primary school & nursery, garage with convenience store, highly regarded farm shop, 2 village inns and community Post Office. The village is renowned for its many active clubs and societies (around 50 in total). Didcot offers excellent leisure & shopping facilities together with a mainline rail connection from Didcot Parkway to London Paddington in 45 minutes.
Local secondary schooling is principally at Didcot with options at Compton and Wantage with a variety of independent schools at Moulsford, Abingdon and Oxford.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Church Road, Blewbury
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Didcot Parkway Station3.0 miles
- Cholsey Station3.3 miles
- Appleford Station4.9 miles
About the agent
Thomas Merrifield has been offering a personal, proactive and professional service to the local community since 1996 which makes our office the longest serving independent Estate Agent in Didcot, and with eight networked offices in Oxfordshire we offer a wide range of properties to buy or rent throughout the county.
Our offices are located in Abingdon, Wallingford, Didcot, Bicester, Witney, Grove, Oxford and Kidlington which cover all the major tow
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10144109. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Thomas Merrifield, Didcot. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.