Stradling Close, Chilton Polden
- Situated within a prestigious development of similar attractive properties located at the edge of this sought after village
- A stunning detached family residence with spacious accommodation throughout
- Large sitting room, dining room, study, good sized kitchen/breakfast room and utility room
- Five well-proportioned bedrooms, two with adjoining en-suites, together with ground floor study providing an option for a sixth
- Beautifully manicured gardens enjoying a desirable south facing aspect with sunlight throughout the day
- Spacious driveway providing ample parking on the lead up to an integral double garage
2 Stradling Close is a highly desirable, superbly designed five/six bedroom detached family residence. It is accessed via a tiled vestibule which leads into a large central hallway which provides access to the ground floor accommodation. The well-proportioned study/bedroom 6 is a great working space with a bay window providing lots of light and a pleasant outlook. The dining room which can easily accommodate a family table and chairs, dresser and display furniture has a similar view. From the dining room, double doors open into a large lounge, which, with the dining room, offers a great entertaining space. The lounge features an attractive gas fireplace with marble surround and hearth and sliding doors which open directly onto the walled south-facing garden. The kitchen/breakfast room is light and airy with French doors opening on to the patio. It has a range of base, wall, drawer, and glazed display units, providing ample storage. There are integrated appliances to including ovens, electric hob, cooker hood, fridge- freezer and dishwasher. The utility room has base and wall storage units, a sink and space for a washing machine and tumble dryer. There is a door into the garden and the double garage.
The stairs from the Hall lead to the large first floor landing which has a substantial airing cupboard and access to the partially floored attic. All bedrooms have a pleasant outlook across the development or over the garden. The master bedroom has a range of fitted wardrobes and an en- suite shower room. The guest double bedroom also has fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room. The third double bedroom has a fitted wardrobe and can accommodate a king-sized bed. There are two further single bedrooms and a family bathroom.
The property is approached by an attractive driveway providing ample parking and leading to the integral double garage. The extensive front garden is laid to lawn with shrub borders, mature trees and hedgerows providing an attractive view. A side gate leads to the rear walled garden which is fully enclosed providing a sunny position and being both private and peaceful. A beautifully manicured lawn continues around the side of the house where there is a garden shed for storing garden equipment and bikes etc. Well-tended shrub borders are planted with shrubs and small trees, a wonderful space to spend your time. For those who desire a kitchen garden there is plenty of space for one. A large terrace extends from the rear elevation, perfect for al fresco dining, BBQ’s and making the most of the afternoon and evening sun. The double garage which benefits from power, lighting, and storage space in the roof area.
The property is situated in an attractive cul-de-sac in the village of Chilton Polden with access to the M5 junction 23 - some 5 miles distant. Chilton Polden has a Village Hall and a pub and there are primary schools in Catcott and Woolavington, doctors’ surgeries at Edington and Woolavington, and a small store and Post Office in Edington. Comprehensive shopping and leisure, arts and sports facilities can be found in Bridgwater, Street and Taunton. Bristol, Bath and Exeter are within easy commuting distance. Bristol airport is 45 minutes by car and London is 3.5hrs via the M5/M4. The property is situated on the Somerset ‘Levels’ which is a great area for cycling.
From Street take the A39 towards Bridgwater. Pass through the villages of Walton and Ashcott and after travelling for approximately 6 miles, turn right signposted to Edington. Drop down the hill and on reaching the crossroads at the ‘King William’ turn left. Continue for a further mile along Broadway into Chilton Polden, turn into Townsend Lane, turn left, and take the next left into Stradling Close.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Stradling Close, Chilton Polden
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Bridgwater Station4.7 miles
- Highbridge & Burnham Station5.7 miles
About the agent
The company was originally founded in 1991 and Holland & Odam is now the leading independent estate agency in mid Somerset. We offer a comprehensive property service including sales, lettings and financial services.
We have always been committed to providing our customers with high-quality, independent advice based on outstanding local knowledge, commitment and professional expertise.
You'll find that our business is built on traditional values of loyalty and honesty, supported by
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10928123. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by holland & odam, Street. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.