Butchers Hill, Ickleton, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10
- Central village location
- Light and spacious accommodation
- Mobalpa kitchen with wide tri-fold doors
- East facing balcony with view of the Church
- Garage and workshop/potential office/gym
- Outside walled and paved alfresco dining area
- Mature private gardens
- EPC Rating = C
2 Butcher’s Hill is a property that has been transformed over the years from a cottage to a light and spacious modern family home. Having been considerably altered and added to in the 1970s by its then owner, this light and spacious house has been further improved in more recent years and now provides a delightful contemporary home with vistas through the ground floor and to the private garden.
The vendors have during their tenure renewed the weatherboarding and added natural insulation as well as replacing the vast majority of the windows to a uniform width. They have also added impressive tri-fold doors in the “Mobalpa” fitted kitchen/dining room; created an en suite shower room to the spacious main bedroom and nurtured and maintained the charming private gardens.
The house flows from the wide light-filled hall with its impressive spiral staircase to the spacious sitting room on the left (formerly divided into two rooms) with SVL structural veneer laminate flooring, a curved wall, sliding door to the garden and a raised Jetmaster fire. To the right is the kitchen/dining room fitted with a range of Mobalpa floor and wall units incorporating a Kuppersbusch combi microwave, electric fan oven and dishwasher. In addition, there is a central island with pan drawers both sides incorporating a gas hob and Teka extractor and granite worktops. The dining area has tri-fold doors with direct access to the outside dining area paved with riven slate to match the internal (honed) flooring with its underfloor heating. Beside the kitchen is an additional reception room/studio and a cloakroom.
On the first floor the landing gives access to the east facing balcony with a view to the Church and the four spacious bedrooms – the main suite with its deep windows overlooks the garden and is fitted with a range of wardrobes and the en suite wet room has marble flooring a WC, wash basin, vanity unit and storage. One of the bedrooms incorporates the airing cupboard with gas fired boiler and the family bathroom is fitted with with an oval bath, shower cubicle with a central shower fitting and twin wash basins.
Further information as to layout and room dimensions will be found on the attached floorplans
A drive with parking space leads to the garage and workshop behind (with further potential for work from home space or gym perhaps) and the front door is unexpectedly tucked away beside the rear garden with its shingle pathways, low brick retaining wall, paved area to catch the last of the sun, greenhouse, shaped lawn, mature planting including a variety of trees and shrubs.
• Ickleton is an attractive village placed on the Essex/Cambridgeshire border.
• Within the village there is a public house, village shop/post office and a fine parish church. Excellent, shopping, recreational and cultural facilities are available in the nearby medieval market town of Saffron Walden 4 miles to the east and the high tech University city of Cambridge is 13 miles to the north with its comprehensive cultural, recreational and shopping facilities.
• There are well regarded schools in the area including renowned independent schools in Saffron Walden and Cambridge.
• For the commuter there is ready access onto the A11 and M11 (south) (Junction 9) on the edge of the adjacent village of Hinxton leading to the south to Stansted airport (junction 8), the M25 and London. Mainline rail services are available at Great Chesterford station (1.2 miles) and Audley End leading into Cambridge and London’s Liverpool Street station.
(all distances and times are approximate)
Square Footage: 2,098 sq ft
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Butchers Hill, Ickleton, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Great Chesterford Station1.1 miles
- Whittlesford Station2.2 miles
- Audley End Station4.9 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAS210124. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.