- A very pretty unlisted period cottage
- Approximately 1 acre mature beautiful gardens
- Full of character with some original period features
- Sitting room with large inglenook fireplace & woodburning stove
- Bespoke kitchen & utility room
- Glass extension/dining room with mezzanine floor
- Guest bedroom/en-suite to ground floor
- Master bedroom/en-suite
- 2 further bedrooms/family shower room
- Parking for several cars
Rhodes Cottage is surrounded by wonderful local countryside in the North Downs village of Rhodes Minnis, within reach of both Lyminge and the Elham Valley.
In addition to nearby village facilities the area is well supported by a choice of schools both in the state and independent sectors, primary schools can be found at Elham, Lyminge and Stowting. There is nearby straight forward access to the City of Canterbury, including bus services running through the Elham Valley.
Access to the M20 motorway is nearby and High Speed connections to London St Pancras are available from Folkestone West and Central stations and Ashford International Station.
A rare opportunity to purchase an unlisted period cottage set in approximately an acre of well stocked gardens in an idyllic setting.
Full of character and charm the cottage shows influence of its 16th Century origins with many doors, beams and fine inglenook fireplace of that period as well as more recent additions including a glass extension added in 2005.
The cottage conveys a relaxed ambience and all rooms have good functionality.
The quarry tiled entrance hall leads to a utility room and onto a bespoke kitchen with integral appliances and stable door to the rear garden. There is an electric oven with gas hob using bottle gas.
The sitting room has a large ingle nook fireplace with a wood burning stove and there is a double aspect guest bedroom with en-suite facilities and French doors opening to the gardens beyond.
There is a recently added extension with a vaulted ceiling and steps to a mezzanine area offering ideal space for home working if required.
Rising to the...
The gardens of approximately an acre are a particular feature of the property and are stocked with a variety of trees and beautiful shrubs.
There is a small woodland area and a pretty patio for outside dining.
There is parking for several cars to the front of the cottage where there is lapsed planning for the erection of a garage (YO4/0433/SH).
The property has a septic tank and oil central heating.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Westenhanger Station3.7 miles
- Sandling Station3.8 miles
- Channel Tunnel Terminal Station4.3 miles
About the agent
Colebrook Sturrock, acquired Paul Champion’s business: Champion & Co, in October 2013 and we have been keen to demonstrate that his excellent reputation and customer care was not lost by a wholesale and immediate re-branding of his branch in Saltwood.
Now, after more than two years, we feel that the benefits of our wider network that Colebrook Sturrock can offer should be fully shared seamlessly with our Saltwood branch.
Colebrook Sturrock have been selling quality homes in Saltwo
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 8233914. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Colebrook Sturrock, Hythe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.