Great Ostry, Shepton Mallet
- Beautifully Presented Throughout
- Lovingly Restored Period Home
- Tucked Away Town Centre Location
- Kitchen Dining Room With Pantry
- Planning Ref:- 2019/2877/HSE & 2020/1840/HSE
- Downstairs Bedroom/Home Office
- Grade II Listed
- Four Double Bedrooms
- Downstairs Shower Room
- Stone Fireplace With Inset Wood Burner
The first floor accommodation comprises two very well proportioned double bedrooms, one with feature fireplace and both with stone mullion windows to the front. The master bedroom can be located on the top floor of the home and is of generous size with lots of eves storage and enjoys plenty of natural light from its dual aspect windows. The top floor also enjoys a beautiful bathroom with central Aston Bentley Copper Roll Top Bath, WC and bowl wash hand basin set within a wooden vanity unit.
OUTSIDE The property is set back from the quiet road by a stone wall with gated access to the large parking area which could accommodate numerous vehicles and access to the detached single garage/workshop. A gate to the right of the home provides further access to the very private and South facing walled garden. The garden enjoys a raised seating area with stone flower beds on both sides, as well as a large patioed area and access to the ground floor bedroom/office via a wide patio door.
LOCATION The historic market town of Shepton Mallet is located in the Mendip district of Somerset, five miles east of Wells, England's smallest city. Both the City of Bristol and the picturesque City of Bath, a World Heritage Site, are located just 18 miles away and easily accessible. Shepton Mallet itself offers a range of local amenities and shopping facilities including a large supermarket, leisure centre, lido with fitness centre, a choice of pubs and restaurants, dentists and doctors, a Grade I Listed church and both primary and secondary state schools. There are also many highly-regarded independent schools (Prep & Senior) within easy reach, such as All Hallows Prep School, Downside School, Wells Cathedral School and Millfield School. For those travelling by train, Castle Cary station (which has direct services to London Paddington) is situated only six miles away.
Great Ostry, Shepton Mallet
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Castle Cary Station6.4 miles
About the agent
For over 100 years Cooper and Tanner have been well recognised in the West Country as the landed property professionals and auctioneers. We operate eleven offices in Somerset and Wiltshire, providing professional estate agency and surveying services to the residential, agricultural and commercial property sectors. We sell property by private treaty and by auction, we also run successful sale rooms where we specialise in antiques and vintage items. Our outside sales deal with tools, equipment
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 101148030568. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cooper & Tanner, Shepton Mallet. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.