Centurion Close, Islington, London, N7
- Second Floor Purpose Built Flat
- 2 Double Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom
- Light and Spacious Accommodation with Stylish Interiors
- Large Reception Room and Separate Well Equipped Fitted Kitchen
- Bonus Fully Insulated 'Sound Room'
- Close to Caledonian Road & Barnsbury, and Highbury & Islington Stations
- Moments' From Fashionable Shops, Bars and Restaurants
- 75.4 sq m / 812 sq ft
The property is very conveniently located in a popular residential road just off Caledonian Road, within a short walk of Caledonian Road & Barnsbury and Caledonian Road stations, as well as numerous regular bus routes providing excellent cross-London links. Highbury & Islington station is also within a short walk. Caledonian Road offers an array of amenities, with nearby Upper Street offering further stylish shops, bars and restaurants.
Comments from the owner:
Top three things we love about this flat…
• The location is ideal. We are both continually in and out of town for last minute jobs and meetings and the transport links from here are superb. We have the overground next door, plenty of buses at the end of the road. It's an 8-minute walk to Cale underground, and about 12/15 minutes to Highbury and Islington. Granary Square has been a revelation - such a beautiful area to enjoy. With the fantastic restaurants, boutique stores, and The Everyman Cinemas it's become a much frequented and special place for us. It's great for the kids, with the fountains running throughout the summer. We have the classy stores and bars of Upper Street just a stone's throw in the other direction and I can vouch for the quality of the nearby fantastic gastro pubs; The Albion, The Drapers and The Crown to name a few.
• The quiet! Yes! My home is my sanctuary. Being on the top floor obviously means no footsteps overhead. It is a very sociable flat, - and we've had some great evenings in our big kitchen/ dining/ living space but, I really wouldn't have lasted this long in a block if my peace had ever been lastingly disturbed. You can come anytime of the day or evening, and you'll hear no loud music in the building, no party people. As far as outside is concerned, the speedbumps rooted out any speed freaks along Wheelwright St, and, besides, the double glazing throughout the flat does a marvellous job closing off any traffic noise and makes our home a really cosy peaceful place. Yes, we have the prison view one side, but all our living is done in our front rooms that overlook the courtyard, and the view is long out of our huge window and lovely to look out on from our swing chair of a morning. When I walked in here in 2007, I never believed it would be thirteen years before I thought of leaving. I've shared the space with flatmates, and I've lived on my own here for several years, feeling entirely secure. And ultimately it has become our family home.
• The layout has been perfect for us. It is certainly not a pokey flat. The rooms are a good size, and it's very bright and spacious. Great for entertaining. I'm most proud of our beautiful new kitchen and I put a lot of thought into the planning of that space to ensure everything was at my fingertips. The storage is great in the cabinets, which are not too high! The little coffee bar is one of my favourite spots to perch, and it's useful having the extra bit of storage on that side of the kitchen. I also knocked through the bathroom and created a lovely internal private space away from the living area. And I've recorded plenty of professional voiceovers during lockdown from my little studio I created in what used to be a storage room - completely soundproofed and tranquil.
What we love about the area:
Right on our doorstep is the renowned café; Sunday, for which there is always a queue around the block on weekends. We love strolling over there and getting our little sunspot at the front on weekday mornings. Amazing food - People travel from far and wide for that place. And, if the queue is long, Southpaw is a great new addition on Roman Way - lovely people who also serve a proper coffee. Plus, a little sneaky Thai Corner in the fabulous Irish boozer, The Hemingford is not to be sniffed at.
Why are we selling?
We simply feel we've outgrown the place. We are a growing family and feel the time has come for a total change of scenery and we're heading out of town. It's a tough decision because we can honestly say we have been extremely happy here and will be very sad to leave.
What is the parking like?
There are parking bays available in The Close. My car is directly opposite the back gate. Very useful and not expensive. There are also two guest spots available, and you can get your free permit from Islington Council.
We're currently working from home; how does that work in the flat?
I'm a voiceover artist and have been professionally recording throughout lockdown.
Recording for TV requires a high-speed, very secure broadband and I've been able to keep a steady workload with no problems. We signed up for PlusNet and it's been great.
What's the boiler like?
We have a Valiant combi boiler that is two years old. We only ever switch on the heating in the winter, and then, only to wake up to, and at our children's bath time. The heating is fantastically efficient and the water pressure perfect. They pumped a whole lot of insulation into the building about five years ago, and it is always warm inside our flat.
Centurion Close, Islington, London, N7
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Caledonian Road & Barnsbury Station0.1 miles
- Caledonian Road Station0.3 miles
- Highbury & Islington Station0.5 miles
About the agent
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference b2h506fo_EAF_69861. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.