Marlston Hermitage, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG18
- Drawing Room
- Dining/Family/Sitting Room
- Utility Room
- Principal Bedroom with Ensuite and Dressing Area
- 4 Further Bedrooms (1 with Ensuite)
- Family Bathroom
- Cabin – Potential for Secondary Accommodation
- Triple Garage
The first floor boasts a 33’ principal vaulted bedroom (including dressing area) with light cascading in from the floor to ceiling windows. It also benefits from a well-appointed ensuite bathroom with separate shower. The guest room also enjoys a generous ensuite bathroom whilst the 3 further bedrooms are served by the family bathroom. All bedrooms enjoy a wonderful aspect over the gardens and fields beyond. In addition to the main house there is a versatile cabin which can be used for overflow accommodation and which enjoys views directly over the pool and gardens.
Approached via wooden electric gates, which provide privacy, there is a large gravelled parking area which can accommodate numerous vehicles. In addition, there is a triple bay enclosed garage with wooden doors. The delightful gardens wrap around the main house and cabin with far reaching rural views. The gardens are mainly laid to lawn interspersed with a wide variety of matures shrubs and trees. The swimming pool is private and has an adjoining paved terrace, the ideal spot for al fresco entertaining with ample space for sun-loungers, barbecue and table and chairs.
Elm Wood is situated in a peaceful location between the sought after villages of Hermitage and Bucklebury. Hermitage offers a wide range of facilities including an infant and primary school, a Post Office shop, a Co-op, a petrol station and two public houses. The area has an excellent selection of both state and private schools including the Downs secondary school, Elstree, Downe House, St. Gabriel’s, Brockhurst and Marlston, Horris Hill and Cheam. Recreational facilities locally include the sports complex at Bradfield College (private membership), tennis clubs, two football clubs and a cricket club at Douai Abbey and badminton at Elstree. A comprehensive road network is accessed by the A34, with the M4 and M3 motorways also being accessible. There are mainline railway stations in Newbury and Theale with services to London Paddington in just under an hour.
Mains electricity. Oil fired central heating. Private drainage – bore hole.
Marlston Hermitage, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG18
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Thatcham Station3.2 miles
- Midgham Station3.7 miles
- Newbury Racecourse Station4.5 miles
About the agent
With over 150 years experience in selling and letting property, Hamptons has a network of over 90 branches across the country and internationally, marketing a huge variety of properties from compact flats to grand country estates. We're national estate agents, with local offices. We know our local areas as well as any local agent. But our network means we can market your property to a much greater number of the right sort of buyers or tenants.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference NBY200140. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons Sales, Newbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.