Kiln Lane, Hooe
- Peaceful countryside location
- Detached converted Twin Oast and Barn
- Detached Barn with lapsed PP for Annexe
- Five bedrooms
- Beautiful mature garden
- In all about 0.44 of an acre
- Mainline station about 3.4 miles
A detached converted twin oast and barn situated in this beautiful stretch of countryside, privately set within established gardens and grounds of about 0.44 of an acre. Together with a single storey barn of 955 sq ft including garaging for three cars and with lapsed consent to convert into an annexe. EPC E
A peacefully located detached converted twin oast and barn, thought to have been originally converted in the 1930s. The present vendors have, in recent years, at the same time, sympathetically updated and refurbished to include a refitted kitchen and new sanitaryware in the bathrooms, updating the electric wiring and plumbing, new old-style radiators and internal oak doors, all windows restored by a specialist London-based company, ceilings replastered and redecorated throughout.
The elevations are brick and part flint beneath a tiled roof and there is oil-fired central heating.
The Oast House will be of strong appeal to those seeking a country house in a private and peaceful rural location with southerly views from the first floor over farmland.
The main features of the property include:
• There is a handsome two-storey tiled roof canopy entrance with double front door to the spacious reception hall with oak staircase.
• The dining room has exposed oak beams and brickwork to the walls, tiled floor and stable door to the rear garden.
• The roundel study has a range of book/storage shelves and door to the front garden.
• The playroom/bedroom 5 also forms one of the roundels.
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a glazed sink, wooden working surfaces with cupboards and drawers beneath, range of wall cupboards, integrated dishwasher, electric Leisure Range cooker in recess, brick floor, walk-in larder with cupboards and shelving, door to the driveway.
• The rear hall also has a door to the driveway. The utility room has a glazed sink with working surfaces, plumbing for washing machine, and brick floor. Cupboard housing the oil-fired central heating boiler. The cloak/shower room has a basin, WC and shower cubicle.
• The first floor is approached by an oak staircase to an impressive drawing room with vaulted ceiling, oak stripped floor, exposed timbers, fireplace with wood burner, and door to the covered balcony enjoying the views over farmland.
• The principal bedroom is formed from one of the oast roundels and has a range of curved fitted wardrobe cupboards and adjacent, in the second roundel, is an excellent bathroom having exposed brick walls, freestanding rolltop bath, twin wash basins, WC, glass-enclosed shower cubicle with spray jets, and tiled floor.
• The inner landing has an airing cupboard and three further bedrooms, all with either wardrobe and storage cupboards. The family bathroom is partly tiled and has a bath with shower attachment, basin, WC and tiled floor.
This excellent detached single storey 955 sq ft building of brick and flint beneath a tiled roof comprises garaging for three cars and two further rooms currently used as a workshop and a machinery store.
This building has a lapsed planning consent reference WD/2005/0141/F to convert into an annexe to the main house.
Gardens and Grounds
These form a really delightful setting to The Oast House with gravelled drive approach leading past the front of the house and round to the garaging where there is ample parking for additional cars.
The excellent Summerhouse is ideally placed overlooking the front garden.
To the front is an ornamental pond with established willow tree, large formal area of lawn, selection of trees and shrubs, three apple trees, greenhouse and a courtyard area at the rear – in all about 0.44 of an acre.
Kiln Lane, Hooe
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Normans Bay Station2.1 miles
- Cooden Beach Station2.4 miles
- Pevensey Bay Station3.3 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT190121. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Battle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.