Thames Street, Sonning, Reading, RG4
- A Substantial Georgian Home
- 6 Bedrooms & 7 Bathrooms
- Drawing Room
- Formal Dining Room
- Country Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Tennis Court
- Detached Garage & Off Road Parking
- Mooring on the River Thames
- Potential to Purchase an Adjacent Parcel of Land
Red House is approached via electric gates on Thames Street in the centre of Sonning-on-Thames. It's a short walk from the River Thames and offers easy links to Reading, Twyford, Henley (6 miles) and Maidenhead (10 miles). The quintessentially British picturesque village of Sonning with the River Thames running through it has a community feel with The Bull Public House, The Mill Theatre the Church and the Berkshire Cricket and Hockey Clubs. Fine dining can be found in The Ivy and The French Horn. Twyford village centre is just 2.5 miles away with a variety of local shops and an excellent Waitrose, the larger town of Reading is just 3.5 miles to the west with its many shops bars and restaurants. The local area has some fine schools with Inglewood nursery, Sonning Church of England Primary and Bluecoat all walking distance. Queen Anne's in Caversham, Shiplake College and Reading School amongst others are also close by. There are mainline railway stations in Reading and Twyford with a fast service to London in under 30 minutes and Crossrail set to be in place by 2019 with direct links to Canery Wharf. The M4 junction 10 is approximately 3.5 miles away via the A329M providing access to Heathrow and the motorway network.
Thames Street, Sonning, Reading, RG4
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Twyford Station2.1 miles
- Wargrave Station2.2 miles
- Earley Station2.4 miles
About the agent
Winkworth was established in 1835 selling homes for the landed gentry in London and the home counties and 2014 opened its doors in Reading under the guidance of three vastly experienced local property professionals; Jon Hallett, Michael Foldvari and James Hathaway. Part of a network of over 100 offices, all of which are owner operated franchises, clients receive the benefit of a trusted market leading brand along with the hands-on and personal approach of an independent agency.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference REA160423. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Winkworth, Reading. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.