West Grange Hall, Scots Gap, Morpeth, Northumberland
- Video Tour
- Magnificent period country house, lovingly restored
- Fabulous features including large open fireplaces, high ceilings, working shutters
- Two bedroom annexe apartment
- Equestrian facilities & gardens/paddocks in excess of 20 acres
- 4 Bed stone conversion (subject to planning consent) & 3 bed cottage available by separate negotiation
West Grange is a stunning stone built detached house, dating from the late 1800's and formerly part of the beautiful Wallington Estate and utilised by the RAF during the Second World War. The house, which has been lovingly restored and sympathetically refurbished over the last three years, is predominantly south facing, with beautiful open aspect views over the grounds and mature woodland.
The house has a wealth of character including fabulous high ceilings, oak floors, sash and case windows with working shutters and solid mahogany doors with individually carved architraves and beading. All of the reception rooms have large open fireplaces. The impressive reception hallway forms the heart of the house, with doors leading to all the reception rooms and kitchen/breakfast room. The formal dining room and drawing room are excellent entertaining rooms of generous proportions, with feature marble fireplaces and bay windows. Beyond the dining room is the kitchen which leads to a utility room, larder and pantry. There is also a boot room and cloakroom.
Vestibule | Cloakroom/wc | Reception hallway with beautiful mahogany balustrade staircase to the galleried landing | Drawing room | Living room | Dining room | Fabulous refurbished kitchen/breakfast room | Utility room | Boot room | Larder & pantry | Ground floor shower room/wc | Boiler room | First floor | Ten large double bedrooms, with the three main bedrooms having excellent elevated views over the grounds | Dressing room | Three fully refurbished bathrooms | Second floor: a number of storage rooms, one of which houses the water tank
Annexe Apartment: Accessed from the courtyard | Hallway | Living room | Fitted kitchen | Bathroom/wc | First floor landing | Two bedrooms
A well maintained courtyard sits to the rear of the property with a range of outbuildings including log store and dog kennels. The original stables have been extended significantly to provide a 20 stall livery yard, multiple paddocks and large 17 acre main grazing field; along with a 35m x 20m arena, which had been a tennis court until the late 1980s.
Externally: 700m Private driveway | Courtyard with a range of outbuildings | Equestrian facilities Including 20 stall livery yard, paddocks, 35m x 20m arena and a 17 acre main grazing field | Total grounds extending to over 20 acres
An exceptional period family house of great charm and character.
Services: Mains electricity and water | Oil central heating | Private drainage | Tenure: Freehold | Council Tax Band: H (Hall) B (Apartment) | EPC Rating: G
4 Bedroom stone conversion (subject to planning consent) and 3 bedroom cottage available by separate negotiation.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
West Grange Hall, Scots Gap, Morpeth, Northumberland
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Morpeth Station10.1 miles
About the agent
Experience the exceptional.
In 1999, we were delighted to open the first office of Sanderson Young, in Gosforth. We now have four branches offering a diverse range of services throughout the North East of England. We are very proud of the reputation that we have formed as Sanderson Young, where the company is recognized for its maturity and wealth of knowledge, with many of our colleagues having worked in estate agency for 30
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11019655. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by rare! From Sanderson Young, Gosforth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.