Fortuneswell, Portland, Dorset
- Substantial Grade II Listed period semi detached house
- Host of original character features including fireplaces, bay windows and ornate coved ceilings
- 2/3 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room and utility
- 6/7 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms/shower rooms
- Landscaped enclosed rear garden
- Delightful sea views across to Chesil Beach and the Jurassic coast
Understood to date from between 1820 - 1830, the property is listed Grade II of architectural or historic importance and offers a host of character features typical of its age and type including original staircase, stripped pine panelled doors, ornate fireplaces, bay windows, high ceilings and original coving.
Formally a doctor’s surgery, the accommodation is extensive and extremely versatile, being ideal for an extended family and arranged over three floors.
On the ground floor a welcoming and spacious reception hall leads to a delightful sitting room with feature fireplace and large bay window. The kitchen/breakfast room is well appointed with a range of floor cupboards with built in electric oven and four electric hob. Access leads through to a study, utility room and shower room. A secondary staircase provides access to two first floor bedrooms.
On the first floor, the rear aspect bedroom enjoys the benefit of an en-suite bathroom/dressing room leading into a shower room. There is a first floor sitting room which is a particular feature with original Portland stone fireplace, high ceilings, original alcoves and bay window with delightful sea views across to Chesil Beach. There is a further bedroom with front aspect and sea views.
On the second floor are an additional three bedrooms, shower room and kitchen room, with one of the bedrooms being used as a lounge. Sea views are enjoyed over the Jurassic coast from the front elevation windows.
Outside, from the enclosed front garden, an alley leads through to an attractive rear garden, fully enclosed with lawned gardens and a variety of shrubs. Steps lead up to a paved patio with gravelled borders and garden shed.
The property is situated in an elevated position within Fortuneswell which boasts a range of eateries, public houses, convenience store, post office, public gardens and a promenade edging Chesil Beach and the dramatic Jurassic coastline.
The island provides the opportunity to enjoy many leisure pursuits, in particular, excellent sailing, fishing and water sports facilities including those at the Portland Sailing Academy. The coastal resort of Weymouth is within easy reach by car as well as regular bus services from the island and cycle route.
Weymouth provides a comprehensive range of shops, a marina as well as cultural, recreational and further educational facilities.
The area also provides the opportunity to enjoy the sandy beaches and walks along the World Heritage Jurassic Coastline and the rolling countryside that surrounds the area.
There are mainline rail services from Weymouth to London Waterloo and Bristol Temple Meads.
Fortuneswell, Portland, Dorset
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Weymouth Station4.0 miles
About the agent
To be the most respected firm in the region. Symonds & Sampson are a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors being specialist Estate Agents and Letting Agents with an in-depth knowledge of the regional property market.
Professionalism is the bedrock of the firm and we presently have 49 qualified staff who are either Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, ARLA or NAEA.
Our spread of 10 offices throughout Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset and Devon toget
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference POU210087. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Poundbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.