Mill Lane, Islip, Kettering
- Approximately 1.6 acre grounds (STS)
- Four Reception Rooms
- Four bathrooms
- Five double bedrooms
- Master Wing with living & sleeping accommodation
- Mooring & Fishing rights
- Recently refurbished
Uniquely situated in the sought-after Northamptonshire village of Islip is this stunning five bedroom recently renovated 18th Century home. The property sits on approximately 1.6 acres and comes complete with mooring & fishing rights, four reception rooms, four bathrooms and a master wing.
Originally dating to the mid 18th Century, Islip Mill House sits on approximately 1.6 acres and offers recently improved accommodation, with a light, inviting feel, combining traditional character features with comfortable reception rooms, generous bedrooms and beautiful views along the river.
16' 6" x 10' 1" L shaped (5.03m x 3.07m) Entered via timber glazed door, travertine tiled flooring, window to front aspect, double panelled radiator, recessed shelving, door to Master Wing, and doors to:
10' 10" x 9' 2" (3.30m x 2.79m) Window to front aspect, panelled radiator, tiled flooring, Belfast sink with wooden worksurface areas, cupboard space below, appliance space and plumbing for washing machine with additional space for tall fridge freezer.
12' 1" x 6' 3" (3.68m x 1.91m) A range of built-in cupboard space with shelving, travertine flooring, panelled radiator and cloaks hanging space. Door to:
Guest Cloaks WC
8' 5 x 4' 2" (2.57m x 1.27m) Window to side aspect, suite comprising a close couple WC, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled flooring and panelled radiator.
15' 5" x 15' 4" (4.70m x 4.67m) Window to rear aspect with timber glazed door to courtyard. The focal point to the room is the ornate stone fireplace with it's cast-iron gas burner sitting on a stone hearth. Stairs leading to first floor landing, steps descending to Family Room, door to breakfast room, doorway to:
16' 9" x 15' 4" (5.11m x 4.67m) French doors leading to courtyard with stunning views over river, open fireplace with exposed brickwork and display mantle fitted over. Tiled flooring, recessed shelving and cupboards. Access to loft space.
17' 4" x 14' 3" (5.28m x 4.34m) Bay window to front aspect with additional window to side, panelled radiator, open fireplace with oak lintel.
14' 8" x 14' 1" (4.47m x 4.29m) Dual aspect room with windows to front and rear elevations, two panelled radiators, exposed original flooring and archway leading to:
14' 2" x 11' 11" (4.32m x 3.63m) Kitchen comprising a range of base level cupboard units with drawers space, finished with solid wooden worktops and matching up stands. A Belfast sink with mixer tap, taking central position is the two burner Aga with triple oven, additional electric oven and integrated dishwasher. Exposed brick flooring, coving to ceiling, window to rear overlooking the river with door providing access to courtyard.
First Floor Landing
Window to rear elevation, panelled radiator, door to Master Wing, doors to:
15' 7" x 12' 3" (4.75m x 3.73m) A walk-in bay window with views over open countryside and grounds, panelled radiator and door to:
Suite comprising a child sized bath with mixer tap incorporating shower fitment, close coupled WC, wall mounted hand basin with mixer tap, chrome heated towel rail, mosaic tiled wall and ornate fireplace.
14' 1" x 13' 2" (4.29m x 4.01m) Sash window to rear elevation, panelled radiator, exposed timber flooring and ornate fireplace.
16' 3 x 10' 3" (4.95m x 3.12m) Sash window to rear elevation capturing stunning view over river and grounds, panelled radiator and ornate fireplace.
10' 5" x 8' 5" (3.18m x 2.57m) Sash window to front elevation and panelled radiator.
11' 3" x 6' 10" (3.43m x 2.08m) Re-fitted family bathroom comprising a rolltop bath with mixer tap incorporating shower fitment, close coupled WC, a double shower enclosure, tiled flooring, heated towel rail with additional radiator, recessed downlights and window to front aspect.
15' 9" x 5' 1" (4.80m x 1.55m) Stairs leading to second floor landing, built-in storage cupboards, steps descending to:
14' 6" x 6' 10" (4.42m x 2.08m) Window to front aspect, panelled radiator and wall lights.
9' 6" x 9' 4" (2.90m x 2.84m) Window to front aspect, double panelled radiator, exposed beams to ceiling, access to loft, stairs descending to door that leads to the main entrance hall, door to:
Radiator, dual aspect room with windows to front and side aspects, panelled radiator, a range of hanging space and shelving.
Second Floor Landing
Exposed beams to ceiling and doors to:
31' 8" x 14' 1" (9.65m x 4.29m) Dual windows to front aspect, panelled radiator and open fireplace. A range of exposed beams to walls and ceiling. Built-in double wardrobes with hanging space and shelving.
15' 11" x 8' 4" (4.85m x 2.54m) Stunning bathroom comprising a rolltop bath with mixer tap incorporating shower fitment, double shower enclosure, pedestal wash hand basin and WC with high flush. Window to front elevation, panelled radiator and recessed downlights.
11' 3 " x 10' 5" (3.43m x 3.18m) Timber base construction with windows to rear and side elevations, fitted with a polycarbonate roof. Power point and lighting.
Islip Mill House is approached via a gated circular in and out gravelled driveway, with trees along the garden walls and a variety of mature trees to boundaries. Further to the driveway, is an additional parking area with car port.
The gardens are mainly laid to lawn, sitting primarily to one side of the property and adjacent to the river. The cobbled terrace sits adjacent to the majority of the reception rooms, with herb beds, roses and climbing plants. A pond creates a pleasant atmosphere in which to enjoy the views down the river. Trees including horse chestnut, walnut and cherry trees are situated throughout the lawned gardens, complete with a boathouse with slip & moorings, with fishing and mooring rights included in the sale of Islip Mill House.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Mill Lane, Islip, Kettering
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kettering Station8.0 miles
About the agent
SHARMAN QUINNEY , THRAPSTON
The Sharman Quinney name has become synonymous with successful estate agency, in part through our attitude towards customer service and equally because of our proactive approach to selling.
With approaching thirty years’ experience in selling homes across Eastern England, our 23 offices with their local sales teams are flanked by Mortgage Services, Home Conveyancing, Lettings and Land & New Homes divisions, enabling us to guide you through the entire pr
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference THR102274. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Sharman Quinney, Thrapston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.