Deepdale, Newcastleton, Roxburghshire, TD9 0TA
- Spacious and versatile family friendly accomodation.
- Privately located within the village of Newcastleton with excellent views over open countryside.
- Impressive open plan kitchen/ dining area with integrated appliance, LPG cooker and breakfast bar.
- Living room with cosy wood burning stove.
- South facing, bright and airy sun room with access to the garden.
- Five bedrooms, three of which have en-suites.
- Dedicated office offering the perfect potential to work from home.
- Tarmac off road parking and well equipped garage with great potential for conversion.
- Well maintained, south facing garden.
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold property with C & D Rural
A beautifully presented detached five bedroom house on the outskirts of the village of Newcastleton with open plan accommodation, generously sized rooms and well maintained garden. Originally designed to be run as a Bed & Breakfast business, there is great scope for business opportunities or would make an excellent family home.
The property is arranged over two floors with a good balance of reception rooms and bedrooms as described briefly below:
Ground Floor: Entrance Porch, Large Hallway, Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Guest Double Bedroom with Ensuite, Utility Room, Study/Office, Sun room and W.C.
First Floor: Two Double Bedrooms with En-suites, one further Double Bedroom, one Single Bedroom and a Small Box Room.
Outside: The property benefits from an integrated garage with an electric door, integral workshop space and storage above. Well maintained garden with wrap around patio.
Directions: From the A7, follow the B6357 from Canonbie to Newcastleton for about 10 miles. The property is located just as you come into Newcastleton village, away from the B6357 down a private road.
Situation: Deepdale is located on the outskirts of the village of Newcastleton which lies in the attractive Liddlesdale Valley of the Scottish Borders. The village is home to the Newcastleton Music Festival and only a few miles outside the village lies Hermitage Castle, a magical sight with plenty of history. To the north and south is the A7 route which allows easy commute to Edinburgh and Carlisle. The market town of Hawick lies about 19 miles to the North and the town of Langholm 10 miles West.
Deepdale is an attractive, well presented, five bedroom family home located on the outskirts of the peaceful village of Newcastleton in the Scottish Border in an area of outstanding beauty offering a lifestyle property for country pursuits.
The front door opens up into the entrance porch which is bright and airy which in turn opens into the large hallway with two fitted cupboards and where the reception rooms, W.C., study/office and guest bedroom can be accessed.
The Living Room benefits from a cosy wood burning stove. The impressive kitchen is the heart of the home which benefits from a range style LPG cooker with LPG hobs and extractor fan, fitted base and wall units and a breakfast bar, the perfect space for entertaining. From here, there is a bespoke brick arch through to the dining room where french doors take you to the bright and modern south facing sun room. The useful utility room is accessed off the kitchen with fitted base and wall units, and the garage can be accessed from the utility room. From the hallway the study/office is also accessed and this provides the perfect potential to work from home. A guest bedroom with en-suite consisting of a shower, toilet and wash hand basin finishes the accommodation on the ground floor.
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms, one of which benefits from a built in wardrobe, with spacious en-suites consisting of a bath, toilet and wash hand basin. There is a further double bedroom with a velux window, a single bedroom with built in wardrobes and velux window, and a box room with a built in wardrobe and velux window.
Outside there is off road parking at the front of the property and the integrated well equipped garage offers great potential for conversion. The outdoor space is perfect for those with green fingers with a well maintained private wraparound garden. Given the standard of finish, size and privacy of Deepdale, viewings are highly recommended to fully appreciate the accommodation on offer.
Deepdale, Newcastleton, Roxburghshire, TD9 0TA
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Gretna Green Station15.5 miles
About the agent
C & D Rural, the land and estate agency department of C & D Auction Marts Limited, was set up in 1988 to provide a land and estate agency service for customers of the Longtown Auction Mart and the rural community.
The department was initially based in an office within the auction mart but in 1992 moved to new premises in Longtown High Street and has now relocated to a new purpose built office neighbouring the auction mart premises at Townfoot, Longtown. Over recent years the business h
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CLEGG. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by C & D Rural, Carlisle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.