Parrock Lane, Colemans Hatch
- Lovely Rural Views over Ashdown Forest
- Local Amenities close by in Hartfield and Forest Row
- Quiet Sought After Location
- Light and Spacious Accommodation
- South Facing Rear Aspect with Large Rear Terrace
- Gardens and Paddocks of about 10 Acres
A handsome and substantial detached family home occupying an idyllic location in the heart of Ashdown Forest in The High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with lovely rural views set in gardens and grounds of about 10 acres.
Set in an excellent elevated position with views over its own land and across the valley towards the Ashdown Golf Course and the surrounding area, Ashdown House is a prime 1920’s country residence and has been the subject of significant refurbishment.
The main features include:
• Well proportioned rooms with a south facing aspect.
• Solid oak joinery with vintage “Art Deco” style brass door furniture.
• Double aspect sitting room with full height sash windows to the south, doors opening to the west and an open fireplace.
• Family room with doors to the south facing terrace and open fireplace.
• Superb kitchen/breakfast room with marble work tops, island unit, space for 4-oven electric AGA, 2 further ovens, dishwasher and doors to the rear terrace.
• Study with views to the east over the lake, communications cabinet for telephone and broadband services. Our client understands fibre optic broadband is available in the lane.
• Master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom with roll top bath.
• 4 further bedrooms all with views to the south and a family bathroom and shower room.
• All bathrooms have Lefroy Brooks baths and/or showers and sanitary ware with “blue tooth” ceiling speakers in the kitchen, utility and study.
The property is approached via a country lane with a pair of double automatic security gates opening onto a long driveway which leads down to the detached garage.
The gardens are a lovely feature of the property sloping gently away to the south being mainly laid to lawn with mature hedges and flower and shrub borders. An original Yorkstone terrace surrounds the house on 3 sides with lovely views over the gardens and grounds to the Forest. To the side is a formal area of garden with box hedging and formal planting, a glade of mature oak trees and a large pond with picturesque weeping willow and climbing roses. The house enjoys views over a neighbours lake to the east, on which is abundant birdlife all year round, including various Ducks, Geese, Herons and Swans.
To the other side of the property a shingle path leads through a gate to the adjoining paddocks of established pastureland. There is a distant view of Colemans Hatch church bell tower to the south.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Parrock Lane, Colemans Hatch
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- East Grinstead Station4.5 miles
- Ashurst Station4.4 miles
- Cowden Station4.8 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN160191. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.