Mill Road, Dinas Powys
- Charming 18th Century Detached Cottage Near Village Centre
- Beautiful Gardens & Large Garage - Electric Door
- 4 Bedrooms - Dressing Room/Study From One
- Thick Walls, Beamed Ceilings & Original Stone Stairs Intact
- No chain
Charming detached 18th century cottage in prime position near the village. Spacious plot and extended over the years to provide a spacious home. Boasting 4 bedrooms plus dressing room/study off one. Full of original period character. Large garage - electric door and beautiful gardens
Located upon arguably one of the finest roads in Dinas Powys and the corner of Heol-Y-Cawl is this detached period cottage we believe dating back to 1790. Extended over the years and now providing a spacious and versatile home. Set within a corner plot and boasting a well tended and established garden - lovingly maintained and cultivated. Brimming with charm & character - thick stone walls, slate roof, some original leaded windows and beamed ceilings plus retaining the original stone spiral stairs. Modernised over the years to include an integral large garage - electric remote control door, gas central heating and double glazed windows and doors. Briefly comprising of an entrance hall, 18' lounge - beamed ceiling and feature inset gas fire plus original stone stairs to the corner, kitchen with dining area - fitted by Sigma 3 to include integrated fridge & freezer plus built in oven, ceramic hob & cooker hood with a side lobby leading to the garage and a ground floor stylishly appointed cloakroom/wc. To the first floor the master suite consists of a bedroom with living area in addition to the stylishly appointed family bathroom - modern white suite there are 3 further bedrooms with bedroom 2 connecting to a study (or potential en-suite/dressing room). Externally the neat lawned garden is encased by a variety of established shrubs and trees plus a Pentagonal green house and a crazy paved patio and side hard stand leading to the garage. Viewing highly recommended.
Dinas Powys is a large village and a community in the Vale of Glamorgan in South Wales which takes its name from the Dinas Powys hillfort that dates from the Iron Age. The village is 5.6 miles (9.0 km) south-west of the centre of Cardiff. It is generally regarded as a pleasant dormitory village for Cardiff's commerce and industry commuters since the city has expanded with widespread development around the Cardiff Bay area.
Despite the addition of several housing developments over the past fifty years, the old village centre of Dinas Powys still has a mostly unspoiled and almost rural feel, retaining a large village common and a traditional village centre with a range of small independent shops, public houses, library, restaurants and community facilities. In addition there are shops, garages, small supermarkets, Pharmacy and a Vets on the main Cardiff Road and a selection of shops on the Murch estate including a post office & Tesco's store. The Health Centre consisting of the doctors and Murch pharmacy relocated in April 2017 to the new Medical centre at the top of Murch Road, on the site of the old St Cyres , Dinas Powys site. The excellent train links take you to Barry and into Cardiff Central Station with the M4 within reach.
Enter via a half glazed door into a bright & welcoming entrance hall, window to front, fitted carpet, stairs rise to the first floor, telephone point, cupboard housing the meters.
Lounge 17' 10" max x 12' 1" ( 5.44m max x 3.68m )
Enter via stable latch door into a warm & cosy living room, original part of the cottage, low ceiling with exposed beams, 2 picture windows to the front plus window to the side, fitted carpet, TV point, to the corner the original stone spiral staircase remains, deep chimney breast with an inset contemporary living flame gas fire with logs - fitted in 2019 by Lime Green and flagstone paved hearth.
Kitchen Dining 17' 11" max x 20' 3" max ( 5.46m max x 6.17m max )
Spacious room with the kitchen fitted by Sigma 3 to include an extensive range of wall and base units with worktop and inset corner stainless steel one and half bowl sink & drainer with mixer tap - waste disposal unit, integrated appliances include fridge, freezer plus there is a built in oven, ceramic hob with built in microwave oven, plumbed for dishwasher and washing machine, 2 windows to rear, to one corner a deep under stairs shelved pantry with automated light, to the dining area picture window to the front overlooking the garden.
Enter via double glazed door with window to front, glazed panel looking into the kitchen, terracotta tiled floor.
Fitted with a modern white suite comprising a wall mounted wash hand basin and close coupled wc - concealed cistern plus soft close seat, terracotta tiled floor, window to rear.
First Floor Landing
Access to all rooms, fitted carpet, window to rear.
Bedroom 1 27' 10" x 11' 4" ( 8.48m x 3.45m )
Impressive room with 2 areas and part vaulted ceiling, on entry into a living area with window to front plus rear facing Velux roof window and fitted carpet, TV point, steps lead into the bedroom area with window to front and fitted vanity wash hand basin, fitted carpet.
Bedroom 2 13' 3" max x 11' 10" ( 4.04m max x 3.61m )
Double bedroom - original part of the cottage, 2 original leaded windows to the front, access into loft space, TV point, fitted carpet.
Study Dressing Room 12' 2" x 6' 7" ( 3.71m x 2.01m )
Currently used as a study - potential to create an en-suite or could be a dressing room, windows to the front and side.
Bedroom 3 9' 7" x 8' 2" ( 2.92m x 2.49m )
Double bedroom, window to front, fitted carpet, access into the master suite.
Bedroom 4 9' 7" x 6' 5" ( 2.92m x 1.96m )
Window to front, fitted carpet.
Stylishly appointed bathroom and fitted with a modern white suite, comprising a tile paneled bath with electric shower over and glass screen, wall mounted wash hand basin and close coupled wc - concealed cistern - soft close seat, tiling to all walls, fitted carpet, heated chrome towel rail, window to rear, twin shaver point, generous airing cupboard housing the hot water tank and the gas boiler.
Beautifully maintained garden with a manicured lawn sweeping along the front with established borders of shrubs and trees and an ornamental pond, includes a Ontagonal green house, raised crazy paved patio area with stone low wall and built in planters plus wrought iron railings and gate, exterior light and outside tap, to the side a winding path through a mixture of fruit & vegetables and climbing roses leads to Mill Road and close proximity to the village.
Garage 16' 4" x 11' 5" ( 4.98m x 3.48m )
Side drive for a small car of Heol-Y-Cawl leads to the integral generous garage, access via remote control electric up & over door, light & power supply, window to front, fitted base units to one wall, connecting door to the front lobby.
"It is our understanding that the property is not registered at the Land Registry which is the case with a significant proportion of land across England and Wales. Your conveyancer will take the necessary steps and advise you accordingly."
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER PETER ALAN NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Mill Road, Dinas Powys
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dinas Powys Station0.3 miles
- Eastbrook Station0.6 miles
- Cogan Station1.5 miles
About the agent
Peter Alan is possibly the best known estate agent in south Wales, having almost 40 years experience in house sales. With a proven track record of success and 27 branches across the region, we are the estate agents to talk to if you are interested in buying, selling, letting, or renting houses in the local property market.
Our wide coverage and extensive marketing enable us to promote properties for sale to best effect, and, we work hard to be the preferred agent and primary source of m
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference DNP100910. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Peter Alan, Dinas Powys. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.