High Street, Harwell
- Charming Grade II listed property
- 4 bedrooms
- Lovely mature gardens
- Period features including 2 Inglenook fireplaces
- Impressive kitchen/dining room with island and French doors leading to garden
- Gas central heating
- Conservation area location
- Impressive, attached garage/workshop
- Didcot Parkway 2.7 miles
- A34 access at Chilton 3.2 miles
Tigin Ban underwent a sympathetic restoration and extension around 50 years ago and has been consistently maintained and cosmetically updated in the intervening years. Historically the cottage is a typical two bay, one and a half storey 17th century property and features two impressive inglenook fireplaces to the sitting room and dining room one of which features the original bread oven. The cottage has retained many period features with exposed timbers, many original windows and latch doors. These have been combined with some stylish and practical contemporary updates including a hand finished kitchen with central island well appointed contemporary bathroom and wet room style ground floor shower room/cloakroom.
The outside space is particularly impressive with a generous driveway, extensive garage/workshop further garage and lovely mature gardens extending to just over 1/4 acre.
Harwell is a thriving and popular village conveniently placed just 2 1/2 miles west of Didcot. The village has a very pretty High Street with a variety of distinctive period properties. Village facilities include a village hall, St Matthew’s church, a village butchers and general store, a primary school and nursery, a popular village pub, a large recreational area with children's playground, tennis courts and Sport and Social Club. Didcot offers comprehensive shopping and leisure facilities together with an excellent rail connection to London Paddington in approximately 40 minutes. Fast road access to the M4 and M40 motorways is provided by the A34 accessed close by at Milton or Chilton.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
High Street, Harwell
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Didcot Parkway Station2.3 miles
- Appleford Station3.6 miles
- Culham Station4.6 miles
About the agent
Thomas Merrifield has been offering a personal, proactive and professional service to the local community since 1996 which makes our office the longest serving independent Estate Agent in Didcot, and with eight networked offices in Oxfordshire we offer a wide range of properties to buy or rent throughout the county.
Our offices are located in Abingdon, Wallingford, Didcot, Bicester, Witney, Grove, Oxford and Kidlington which cover all the major tow
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 11041864. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Thomas Merrifield, Didcot. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.