Hollin Hall East, Gainford, Darlington
- Superb Open Countryside Views
- Stone Built Quadruple Garage and Garden Room
- L Shaped Living Kitchen with Bi Fold Doors
- Option to Purchase Water Tight Shell or Completed Build
- Four Bedrooms
- Generous Gardens
- Opportunity to Purchase Paddock Land
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold or leasehold property with GSC Grays
Pricing - The pricing for this property is available with the two following options;
The Watertight Shell Price: from £529,995 (depending on specifications chosen). This price will include a completed quadruple garage and garden room, as well as the finished site and landscaping.
The Completed Property Price: Offers in the region of £669,995.00 (depending on specifications chosen).
Key Features - Uninterrupted countryside views to north and south of property**Generous south and east facing gardens, with opportunity to purchase adjoining paddocks**Large entrance courtyard**Quadruple garage with garden room** Available as a watertight shell or finished**Serviced independently with water, electric, fibre broadband and bio treatment plant**
The Old Farmhouse - An opportunity to purchase a superb, semi-detached property, situated in open countryside and built with original reclaimed stone and sitting within approximately a quarter of an acre. The accommodation, extending to approx 2282 sq ft/ 212 sq m, offers a main entrance with a covered porch, leading into a cloak room before a central hallway which has doors to the ground floor living space. There is a large open plan L shaped dining/ living kitchen with the added benefit of a separate walk-in pantry and bi-fold doors opening out to the south facing gardens.
The lounge to the front of the property has a triple aspect, allowing in plenty of natural light. The hallway also leads to a study, ground floor WC, utility room and staircase to first floor. There is an additional covered entrance door, situated adjacent to the utility.
To the first floor The Farmhouse benefits from four double bedrooms, including a Master suite with walk-in-wardrobe and en-suite. Bedroom two also has an en-suite, whilst bedrooms three and four having shared use of the spacious main bathroom with room for a separate shower and bath.
Externally - Externally, the principle gardens face south and accessed from the bi fold doors in the kitchen as well as an additional north facing courtyard. There is also a quadruple garage and garden store room, extending to 919.99 sq ft, 85.47 sq m approximately and built with original reclaimed stone to remain in keeping with the main property. The property also has use of a communal, stone built bin store.
Situation - Ingleton 2 miles, Gainford 1 mile, Staindrop 3 miles, Darlington 9 miles (hospital & main line train station), Bishop Auckland 9 miles (hospital & train station), Barnard Castle 10 miles, Richmond 14 miles, Durham 21 miles (hospital & main line train station), Teesside Airport 14 miles, A1 (M) 9 miles. Please note all distances are approximate.
Amenities - The nearby villages of Gainford, Ingleton and Staindrop benefit from primary schools, public houses and active village hall communities. Gainford benefits from a doctors surgery, village shop, hairdressers, coffee shop and a lively drama club and theatre. Barnard Castle, Darlington and West Auckland offer a selection of independent and national retailers. Educational opportunities can be found in Barnard Castle, Staindrop and Darlington (both comprehensive and private).
Planning Permission - Durham County Council have approved the planning for four barn conversions, four detached garage blocks, hard and soft landscaping and new access. The application was granted on 19th October 2018. The planning reference is DM/18/02296/FPA. A further approval was granted on 4th March 2020 for the demolition and rebuild of the Old Farmhouse (DM/20/00033/FPA).
Method Of Sale - By private treaty.
Wayleaves, Easements & Rights Of Way - The Old Farmhouse is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing rights including rights of way whether public or private, light, drainage, water and electricity supplies and all other rights, obligations, easements, quasi easements and all wayleaves or covenants whether disclosed or not.
Services & Site Works - The Vendors will undertake to complete the following works:
1. The new entrance walls, pillars, bin store, surfacing of roadway
2. Mains electricity, water, air source heating system and individual Bio-disc Klargester treatment plant.
3. Fibre broadband
Energy Performance Certificate - The property does not yet have an EPC. A report will be commissioned should the property be sold as a completed unit.
Tenure, Local Authority & Council Tax - The property is believed to be offered freehold with vacant possession upon completion. Durham County Council. For Council Tax purposes, the property is yet to be banded.
Viewings - Strictly by appointment via GSC Grays.
Particulars - Photographs taken October 2019. The headline photograph was taken in 2015. Particulars revised December 2021
Disclaimer Notice - GSC Grays gives notice that:
1. These particulars are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, including photographs, dimensions and other details are given in good faith but no warranty is provided. Statements made should not be relied upon as facts and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy by inspection or otherwise.
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the vendors accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain however caused.
4. Any plan is for guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes, and compass bearings are approximate and should not be relied upon without checking them first.
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition, repair or otherwise nor that any services or facilities are in good working order.
6. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to the property.
BrochuresHollin Hall East, Gainford, Darlington
Hollin Hall East, Gainford, Darlington
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Shildon Station6.2 miles
About the agent
How we help you
Selling your home can often be a busy and exciting time with plenty to think about. Our agency teams are dedicated to making the experience of selling or letting your property as enjoyable and smooth as possible by providing all the help and support you need.
What you need to know about us
At GSC Grays we deliver regional coverage across the North of England, with the benefit of in-depth local knowledge.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30799282. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by GSC Grays, Barnard Castle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.