Wharf Street, Devizes
- Ground Floor Retirement Apartment
- Canal Side Location
- Extensive Communal Facilities
- 24 Hour Call System
- CHAIN FREE
- House Manager
A superb one bedroom retirement apartment located on the ground floor with direct access to a patio and garden area enjoying a southerly position. This property offers a generous amount of living space and is presented to a very good standard. There are pleasant landscaped communal gardens.
Anstie Court was constructed in 2014 by multi award-winning retirement home specialists McCarthy and Stone. It is a 'retirement living' development providing a quality of life opportunity for those over 60 years of age and designed specifically for independent living with the peace of mind provided by the support of the excellent House Manager. Additionally, all apartments are equipped with a 24-hour emergency call facility and sophisticated intercom system providing a verbal link to the main development entrance. There is also the excellent Guest Suite widely used by visiting family and friends for which a small charge of £25 per night applies.
The property enjoys excellent communal facilities including a home owners lounge area with canal views and the library. There is access from Anstie Court to the towpath of the Kennet and Avon Canal which runs alongside the development gardens to the rear. The development facilities also include a laundry, scooter store and landscaped gardens. The bustling and historic Town Centre is just a few minutes easy walk away.
Car parking is available with a yearly permit at a charge of around £250 per annum for which there may be a waiting list.
A solid Oak-veneered entrance door with spy-hole opens into the entrance hallway. Here you will find the security intercom system that provides both a visual (via the home-owners TV) and verbal link to the main development entrance door. Emergency pull cord, large store cupboard with light and shelving housing the Gledhill hot water boiler and the concealed ‘Vent Axia’ heat exchange unit. Door leading to the lounge.
Lounge 21' 3" max x 11' 6" max ( 6.48m max x 3.51m max )
Light and spacious room benefiting from a patio door over looking the gardens. Television aerial point, ample space for lounge furniture and under floor heating.
Kitchen 7' 8" x 7' ( 2.34m x 2.13m )
Modern fitted kitchen with a range of wall and base units with 'granite style' laminate work surfaces over and incorporating a stainless steel sink/drainer. Integrated waist height oven, electric hob with stainless steel chimney style cooker hood over and integrated fridge/freezer. Double glazed window to the front aspect and tiled flooring with under floor heating.
Bedroom 14' 5" max x 9' max ( 4.39m max x 2.74m max )
Good sized bedroom with a generous walk-in wardrobe with light offering ample hanging space and shelving, and a double glazed window to the front aspect.
Fully tiled shower room comprising a low level w/c, vanity wash hand basin with storage cupboard below, walk in shower with adjustable shower attachment and shower screen. Extractor fan, shaver point, emergency pull cord, heated towel rail and tiled flooring.
We currently hold lease details as displayed above, should you require further information please contact the branch. Please note additional fees could be incurred for items such as leasehold packs.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Wharf Street, Devizes
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Melksham Station6.6 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Devizes Allen & Harris office...
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact Allen & Harris have been trading since 1966, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose Allen & Harris as your estate agent…
>> Your local Allen & Harris team in Devizes
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your local expert
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference DVZ105403. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Allen & Harris, Devizes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.