Church House, St. Mary Hill, Bridgend
- Character Filled Period Property in Rural Location with Countryside Views
- Four Bedrooms Including Dressing Area to the Master Suite
- Gated Driveway for Several Cars
- Garage and Additional Workshop / Log Store
- Set in Approximately 1/3 of An Acre
- Excellent School Catchments and Commuting Links
Church House is a character filled period property, which is set in a beautiful rural location with excellent commuting links and school catchment close by. With garage, gated driveway for several cars, workshop and south easterly facing garden. Viewing is highly recommended.
Pa Black, Cowbridge are delighted to present to the market Church House in St Mary Hill. The small hamlet of St. Mary Hill lies within the Vale of Glamorgan, amidst attractive gently rolling countryside.
Church House is a capacious period property thought to date back to 1680, which sits in approximately a third of an acre. The charming property boasts considerable character with timbered panels, exposed beam ceilings, and a large stone built Inglenook style fireplace with a multi fuel burning stove. This property is designed and ideal for a growing family with 4 bedrooms, with a dressing area to the master suite, a large and modern family bathroom, a downstairs shower room and sauna and utility room off the kitchen. A welcoming and characterful entrance, a 32 ft family/ dining room with exposed beams and a farmhouse style kitchen with bespoke units with an archway leading through to a breakfast room. A sun room which was replaced approximately 10 years ago to allow you to enjoy the tranquil view. Outside there is a gated driveway providing parking for several cars. There is also a further area just adjacent to the driveway providing further parking or a wood store. The garden itself is on a sizeable plot and includes a large sun terrace, a vast array of fruit trees, vegetable patches, two chicken coops and runs, a large area laid to lawn which is so private with trees and hedge providing the boundary. A large garage with light and power, a wood store and workshop.
The Property History
Church House which is adjoining St Mary's Church was originally built in the 17th century as a meeting house to discuss parochial matters. The 1861 Census shows that Church House had been licensed to sell beer and spirits and was re-named the Bell Inn.
The small hamlet of St. Mary Hill lies in the Vale of Glamorgan. While enjoying the benefits of a small rural community the property is within easy distance of the M4 J35 for commuting and the A48 for the towns of Cowbridge and Bridgend. There are also main line railway stations at nearby Bridgend, Cardiff Central and Pencoed providing fast, direct access to London.
The property has the significant advantage of being close to Llangan Village and within the catchment of the very highly rated Llangan Primary School and also Cowbridge Comprehensive School.
The property is entered via an arched style church door Iron latch ironmongery. An authentic "butler style bell" .With flagstone flooring, windows to both side aspects, electric wall mounted heater. Stable door through to
Family / Dining Room 32' 1" max x 20' 4" ( 9.78m max x 6.20m )
A room bursting with character, with original wooden flooring, exposed beams, and attractive stone Inglenook fireplace housing a multifuel stove providing the feature to this room, a really sociable space. Three windows to the front aspect, a further two to the rear aspect and 4 radiators.
Kitchen 11' 9" x 9' max ( 3.58m x 2.74m max )
Fitted with a range of bespoke floor and eye level units with granite work surfaces. Chrome sink and mixer tap with drainer. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. 4 ring "Indesit" electric hob with cooker hood. "Neff" double oven. Exposed beamed ceiling. Large window to the rear aspect. Quarry tiled flooring. Arch through to
Breakfast Room 10' 1" x 8' 10" ( 3.07m x 2.69m )
Continuation of the quarry tiled flooring from the kitchen and exposed beams. Window to the rear. Door through to family room and double doors through to
Sun Room 12' 4" x 8' 4" ( 3.76m x 2.54m )
Perfectly positioned to admire the view. The UPVC glazing was replaced approximately 15 years ago and the vendors have advised that the roof was replaced in 2020. Tiled floor. Double PVC doors leading out to the sun terrace.
Downstairs Shower Room
Accessed via a few steps from the family room. This modern suite is fitted with a low level WC, wash hand basin and a shower cubicle comprising with glass screen and "rain dance" overhead shower with hand held attachment also. Radiator. Wood panelling. Window to the side aspect. Tiled shower cubicle and flooring. Door to
This is currently disused and used as a storage room. There is still a wood sauna heater in situ but we are unsure as to whether it is in working order. Window to rear. Light and power.
Utility Room / Scullery 12' 11" x 6' 8" max ( 3.94m x 2.03m max )
Stainless steel sink and drainer. Space and plumbing for washing machine. Space for freestanding fridge and chest freezer. Plenty of handing space for coats. Two built in storage cupboards. Door to rear garden
First Floor Landing
With fitted carpets. Exposed trusses, some restricted head height at top of stairs. Loft access. Doors to all first floor rooms
Three double built in storage cupboards. Airing cupboard housing water tank with additional shelving. Fitted carpets and steps up to;
Master Bedroom 18' 1" max x 11' 9" ( 5.51m max x 3.58m )
Some restricted head height due to the pitch of the roof. Two large Velux windows with far reaching countryside views. Another large window to the side access. Fitted carpets. Eaves storage cupboards. Radiator.
Bedroom Two 15' 5" x 11' 9" max ( 4.70m x 3.58m max )
Large window to the rear aspect with a deep window cill. Radiator. Exposed beams and trusses. Fitted carpets
Bedroom Three 11' 6" max x 9' 2" ( 3.51m max x 2.79m )
Fitted carpets. Window to the front aspect with deep window cill. Radiator
Bedroom Four 10' x 8' 6" max ( 3.05m x 2.59m max )
Window to the front. Radiator and fitted carpets
Fitted with a stylish three piece suite comprising raised bath with wood panelling with shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin. Low level WC with dual flush. Spot lights. Window to front aspect. Four built in storage cupboards. Two wall mounted chrome heated towel rails.
Accessed via double gates providing access to your vehicular driveway for several cars. Manicured area laid to lawn with fruit trees and chicken coop and runs
Set within a well proportioned garden plot, Church House benefits from having a south and easterly aspect looking over its own gardens onto fields and farmland, and the neighbouring church. These outstanding views must be viewed to be fully appreciated. The largest section of the garden is to the side of the property and is overlooked by the sun room. From here double doors lead to a large paved eating area beyond which is a broad sweep of fruit trees, vegetable patches bordered by stone walling and hedging. A path leads to a private and spacious area laid to lawn with trees and hedges providing the boundary and a wooden pedestrian gate giving access to the passing road. To the rear of the property there is a further private paved area with greenhouse.
Adjacent to the entrance driveway is a further gated area which the current vendors use for further wood store and additional parking.
Garage 16' 5" x 11' 1" ( 5.00m x 3.38m )
With double timber doors. Concrete floor. Light and power. Housing the central heating boiler which the vendor has advised was serviced in July 2021. Personnel door leads into the property (to the inner hallway by the shower room)
With lighting and power, this is currently used as a workshop but has scope for other uses.
Mains water and electric. Central heating by oil. Drainage to septic tank
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER PETER ALAN NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Church House, St. Mary Hill, Bridgend
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Pencoed Station1.4 miles
- Llanharan Station3.0 miles
- Bridgend Station3.7 miles
About the agent
As the one of the largest estate agents in Wales we have worked hard to continue our ethos of the company as set in 1965. We celebrated our 50th year in 2015 and are proud to be a company that still provides exceptional service and the thousands of properties we sell each year is testament to that.
pa black is a highly professional exclusive service from Peter Alan. It has been designed to provide solutions for executive and individual homes which benefit from both local and national ex
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference SDV301165. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by pa black, Cowbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.