Lark Bank, Prickwillow, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7
- Rural riverside position
- Convenient access to Ely station
- Refitted kitchen with two oven Aga
- Mature wooded grounds with large pond
- Self-contained annexe/office
- EPC Rating = F
Lark Engine Farmhouse is an idyllically situated former farmhouse dating back to the very early 1900s. The house sits alongside a single track, no through road adjacent to “Engine Bank” and a fenland river just outside the village surrounded by farmland.
Constructed of Cambridgeshire brick under a slated roof the front elevation has twin matched two storey bay windows which face south. The current owners extended the property to the rear to provide a large additional reception room (Sun Room) which has bi-folding doors to both ends and doors to a utility and ground floor shower room. The large family kitchen also has a sitting area to one end with a further set of bi-folding doors and a shaker style kitchen with painted units, wooden working surfaces and a two oven Aga. There are two further reception rooms on the ground floor with bay windows and wood burning stoves.
At first floor level there is a large landing (which could create a fourth bedroom) and three double bedrooms with a large family bathroom with wooden flooring, twin wash basins bath and a separate shower.
In addition to the house there is a well appointed annexe/ office from home situated up a flight of external steps atop a storage building which has provided the owner with space for a small private light plane but would also be suitable as garaging, workshop or storage. The annexe has a large kitchen/living/dining room, two bedrooms or a bedroom and an office together with a shower room. To the rear there are uninterrupted views over the neighbouring fenland farmland.
The accommodation is shown in greater detail in the attached floor plans.
The property is accessed through a five bar gate with laurel hedges to one side and a mixed hedge to the other with a shingled drive leading up to the detached double garage and a large parking area next to the house. An extension of the drive leads up to the outbuildings.
The grounds are situated mainly to the south of the house with a large feature pond at one end, many mature trees and areas of level lawns. Surrounding the house there are further lawned gardens, a paved terrace next to the garden room and a greenhouse.
In all around 2.21 acres.
Note: The property has a Right of Way along the adjacent access which leads to the farm buildings to the rear. This allows access to the lower part of the outbuilding which is accessed from the other side currently but access doors could be created from the garden side if required.
• Prickwillow is a village approximately 4 miles from the historic heart of the delightful small City of Ely which is dominated by the towering medieval Cathedral. Ely contains a wonderful array of historic and monastic buildings.
• Originally a small hamlet on the banks of the River Great Ouse, it is now on the banks of the River Lark since re-organisation of the river system.
• The high tech university City of Cambridge is 16 miles to the south and Newmarket, the home of English Horseracing is approximately 13 miles to the east. The A10 leads south from Ely towards Cambridge and crosses the A14 which in turn leads to the M11, the M25 and London.
• There are excellent facilities for everyday needs in Ely including a Waitrose supermarket, a twice weekly market and shopping for everyday needs together with the antiques warehouse occupying former wharf buildings.
• Cambridge to the south provides comprehensive shopping recreational and cultural facilities and the its world famous University.
• Schooling facilities for all age groups are close by including the renowned King’s School which offers facilities for 3-18 year olds. There are further schools in Cambridge in the independent sector as well as the excellent state sixth form colleges “Hills Road” & “Long Road”.
• For the commuter there are regular train services from Ely station to Cambridge and beyond to London’s Kings Cross, Stansted airport and Liverpool Street stations and in the other direction to Peterborough and onwards to Birmingham New Street.
(all distances and travel times are approximate)
Square Footage: 2,097 sq ft
Acreage: 2.21 Acres
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Lark Bank, Prickwillow, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Shippea Hill Station2.2 miles
- Littleport Station3.7 miles
- Ely Station4.6 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAS210188. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.